ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing spouse of Non Eu fam member stamp 4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Rajibbd
Newly Registered
Ireland

Bringing spouse of Non Eu fam member stamp 4

Post by Rajibbd » Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:40 pm

Hi I am on stamp 4 non eu fam visa. My marriage with my eu partner has been dissolved. Now i got married to a non eu family member from back home. I have been living in Ireland since 2016. I got my first stamp 4 permission in dec 2016. And in June 2017 got the 5 years residency. In family reunification policy it says a minimum 7 years should have elapsed from the date of the first spousal permission. Now my question is should i count it from my first stamp 4 permission or the second one that i got in june 2017. I am really confused. Please if you could suggest me would be really greatful thanks.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Bringing spouse of Non Eu fam member stamp 4

Post by Angel99 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:45 am

Rajibbd wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 8:40 pm
Hi I am on stamp 4 non eu fam visa. My marriage with my eu partner has been dissolved. Now i got married to a non eu family member from back home. I have been living in Ireland since 2016. I got my first stamp 4 permission in dec 2016. And in June 2017 got the 5 years residency. In family reunification policy it says a minimum 7 years should have elapsed from the date of the first spousal permission. Now my question is should i count it from my first stamp 4 permission or the second one that i got in june 2017. I am really confused. Please if you could suggest me would be really greatful thanks.
Hi,
I believe you were given temporary Stamp 4 in 2016 via family unification with EEA national while your stamp 4 EUfam was in process.

However I don't think the 7 years policy applies to you because the EEA national was your sponsor for residency in the state.