ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship - documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lana777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship - Family consent form

Post by lana777 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 1:26 pm

Hi everyone,
I was told that after submitting an application form for British citizenship, in the 'further steps', there will be a link available where I have to download, print out and sign a Family consent form -- Consent for the Home Office to verify application information and third party information.
But after I submitted my application, I couldn't find any links or requests for such family consent form.
Does it mean that it has been abolished and the Home Office doesn't need us to sign this consent form any longer? Or I am missing something somewhere... I couldn't find it in the Documents checklist either...???
Could anyone be so kind to clarify it, please?
Thanks a lot lovely people! :-)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: British Citizenship - documents

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 pm

Not entirely obvious if it is needed or not, I personally used this and my application went fine https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Generally best to go by official guidance rather than hearsay, I went into panic mode and attached it, but as i said I couldn't find a reference it is needed or expected.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

lana777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lana777 » Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:57 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2024 4:20 pm
Not entirely obvious if it is needed or not, I personally used this and my application went fine https://visas-immigration.service.gov.u ... onsent.pdf

Generally best to go by official guidance rather than hearsay, I went into panic mode and attached it, but as i said I couldn't find a reference it is needed or expected.
Thank you very much! Yes, I totally agree with your point!

lana777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

British Citizenship - uploading documents on ukvcas w/s

Post by lana777 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:00 pm

Hello everyone,
After submitting my application form for British citizenship, I've uploaded my documents on ukvcas website. In the category 'Mandatory documents' I've uploaded my passport; then in the next category I am required to upload a document:
'Proof of living in the UK for 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen'.
Well, as a proof of living in the UK I am using my passport, as it has been stamped each time I travelled outside the UK - does it mean I need to upload it again, second time? Or I can leave this question as it is, without uploading anything?
Thanks a lot for your help, kind people 😊!

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:26 pm

No need to load into the specific categories, just "Other" would suffice.
Passport load only once - it covers both categories.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Re: British Citizenship - uploading documents on ukvcas w/s

Post by SupperDog » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:43 pm

lana777 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 7:00 pm
Hello everyone,
After submitting my application form for British citizenship, I've uploaded my documents on ukvcas website. In the category 'Mandatory documents' I've uploaded my passport; then in the next category I am required to upload a document:
'Proof of living in the UK for 3 years if applying as the spouse of a British Citizen'.
Well, as a proof of living in the UK I am using my passport, as it has been stamped each time I travelled outside the UK - does it mean I need to upload it again, second time? Or I can leave this question as it is, without uploading anything?
Thanks a lot for your help, kind people 😊!
You should only upload the first page (personal information page) to the passport section and stamped pages to the proof of living section. But if your scanned file contains the whole passport you can upload it twice to the 2 sections.

lana777
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by lana777 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 1:54 pm

Thank you so much for clarification!!! :)