ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension from Pakistan?

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

khanz

Spouse Visa Extension from Pakistan?

Post by khanz » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:54 am

Hi Gurus,

I am in UK on HSMP visa for last two years. My wife also got 2 years visa with me and stayed in UK for about 7 months but she had to go back to Pakistan due to some family engagements.

I recently got my FLR for three years under old rules(JR). The visa of my wife expired two weeks ago.
I am going to Pakistan for three weeks in January and want to apply for her visa extension/FLR.
I need your advice that what documents I would have to attach, so that I take all the required documents with me.

Currently I am thinking of the following documents to send:

1. Application Form (need your advice which visa type/fee would be applicable?)
2. Her passport (hopefully previous two years visa and 7 months uk stay would be helpful)
3. Copy of my passport.
4. My last 6 months bank statement.
5. My last 6 months payslips.
6. My P60 Form.
7. Rent Agreement.
8. Letter from Landlord that he will have no objection if my wife comes and stays in the house.

Please advise me to add or remove any documents. Can anyone also tell about the usual time taken by BHC for such case?

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zahid

khanz

Waiting for Your Reply

Post by khanz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 8:53 pm

Hi All,

Any ideas/help/suggestions???

Zahid

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:29 am

I dont know whether your wife can apply for an extension in view of her existing visa expiring. I thought you could only apply for extension if you had a valid visa.

I think your wife will have to make a new application altogether. There is a question whether she will get it as well,because she spent so much time away from the UK the last time.

Would be interested to see what other people say about this.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:33 am

With only 7 months spent in the UK, and an expired visa, in my opinion your wife will be starting from scratch, especially as she is applying from her home country.

khanz

Post by khanz » Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:51 pm

Hi,

I got the point that it won't be an extension. She will apply as a new case. But spending most of the time out of UK should not make much difference in her case, as she is not the principal candidate for hsmp, she is just a dependant.

Honestly speaking after reading your replies, I am more worried now about it. So, please guide me that how can I make it a success story.

Thanks and Regards,
Zahid

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed Dec 24, 2008 3:31 pm

It would be a straight forward new application, therefore you will need the usual documents ( ie, your employment, salary details, savings and accomadation ).

Your biggest problems is going to be to try and convince the ECO, that your wife is going to spend the majority of the time with you here in the UK.

I dont know what your personal circumstance were at the time that lead your wife to spend so much time in Pakistan, but I think you have to show that if she is granted visa this time, she is going to spend the majority of her time here in the UK.

I suggest what you do is when you are sending the documents to your wife is to write a letter explaining why she spent so much time in Pakistan,and that your present circumstances will mean that she will stay in teh UK in the future.

You just have to hope the ECO will believe you.

Good luck

khanz

Post by khanz » Thu Dec 25, 2008 10:47 am

Thanks for your reply.
I fall under HSMP (JR) and now the HO has stamped my FLR as "Tier1 General Migrant". So, according to this my wife would apply as "Dependant of Tier1 General applicant" paying in 600 pounds as visa fee.

Is there any limit of mininum balance as maintenance funds in this case?

Anybody got idea about the time taken for such cases (we are applying from Islambad BHC)?

Regards

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Fri Dec 26, 2008 10:12 am

Is there any limit of mininum balance as maintenance funds in this case?[/b]

No there is no minimum level.In my own opinion you need at least £2000+ to convince the ECO that you have sufficient funds to support your wife and family.

Anybody got idea about the time taken for such cases (we are applying from Islambad BHC)?

It can take anything up from a week to 3 months. A friend of mine who is an engineer who like you is Tier 1 , got his wifes visa last month in a week.However reading some of the comments on Pakistan,suggests that it take s 3 months or even more in some circumstances

khanz

Post by khanz » Fri Dec 26, 2008 11:38 pm

Thanks for your help.

I am going on holidays to Pakistan in January. I will submit my wife's visa application at my earliest. So that I get the decision during my stay.
I want to know that in case of refusal, what woul be the procedure for appeal? So that I bring the documents with me to UK for appeal purpose. Is visa fee paid again if you win the appeal? (for tier1 general dependent its £600). (:
By the way, would I be paying £600 or £200 visa fee for this application - keeping in view that we got our initial visas as HSMP and then I got my FLR as Tier1 General.

I have seen visa fee info on the following url:
http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/visafees/

Regards,
Zahid

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:54 am

I want to know that in case of refusal, what woul be the procedure for appeal? So that I bring the documents with me to UK for appeal purpose.
I will tell you procedure for this if and when the need arises. If she is refused, then the Refusal notice is the most important doc you need. The ECO will give you that if your wifes application is refused
Is visa fee paid again if you win the appeal? (for tier1 general dependent its £600).
No you dont pay again if you win your appeal

By the way, would I be paying £600 or £200 visa fee for this application - keeping in view that we got our initial visas as HSMP and then I got my FLR as Tier1 General.
You will no doubt find out when you lodge your application in at Fedex office In islamabad

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:09 pm

khanz

Post by khanz » Sat Dec 27, 2008 10:22 pm

Hi Batley,

Thanks very much for your replies.

I will keep updating this thread as the things move on. I intend to apply from Lahore on 20th January 2009.

I hope to have your support in future too.

Best Regards,
Zahid

khanz

Post by khanz » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:13 am

Hi,

An important question regarding accommodation - currently I am renting one room in a three bedroom house. Its a shared house. We are three people living in the house. I am going to get a letter from my landlord stating that he will not have any objection if my wife comes and lives with me in the same house.
Would this letter and the rent agreement be sufficient proof for sponsoring my wife? Or I need some separate accommodation?

Thanks,
Zahid

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:33 pm

Whilst the accomadation might just do the job for you, however it would be preferable to have a small rented house of your owns, so that both you and your wife can live seperately.

The ECO knows that its not in our tradtion that our women folks live in accomadation where they are also "ghair" people, and for this reason they might turn you down. Also there is a question whether the one room would be sufficient for two people to live together

khanz

Post by khanz » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:29 pm

I agree with you and definitely intend to move to a separate house or flat before my wife comes but I didn't want to do it before her visa as it would cost me reasonably more. Secondly, I intend to move into a friend's flat which is expected to be vacated in a month or two.

Anyway, I can't move immediately - so don't know what to do. stuck!

rizwan567
Diamond Member

Post by rizwan567 » Tue Dec 30, 2008 7:18 pm

It would be a brand new (dependent visa) application.

It wont be a problem at all, if she spent time out of U.K last time, dependent needs not to be in U.K all the time. There is no such restriction what so ever.

As she already had dependent visa in the past. Therefore chances are very good that she will get the visa this time too.

There is no requirement of maintenance funds (for applications covered under JR ruling) however it is suggested that you should have ending balance of above 2400 GBP in your bank account (provided if you have just one dependent)

The visa fee is not 600. I am not sure but I think it is in the region of 28,000 Rs. I am not 100% sure about it. Please see jerry's web site.

All you need to provide with your application is:

Evidence of relationship
Evidence of funds
Evidence of job
Evidence of your visa extension and HSMP approval letter
Evidence of Accommodation
and a sponsorship covering letter.

Thats it and take it easy.. you will get it....

As for as timelines are concerned it could take anything between 1 month to 3-6. There is no standard timelines these days from Pak..

If you are showing accommodation in house share then do not forget to attach property inspection report with yoru application. If you do not provide this then your application can be refused straight away. Many people get visa without it but I have read many refusals in the past soley based on the fact that property inspection report is not provided.

If it is not a house share i mean you own a whole flat or house then it needs not be provided.

Hope this clarifies the whole post.

khanz

Post by khanz » Thu Jan 01, 2009 7:09 pm

Hi Rizwan,

Thanks for a detailed reply. You have cleared a lot of ambiguities in my mind.
You have mentioned about the sponsorship covering letter, do i need to use some specific format for it or I can draft my own letter.

I saw the following link for visa fee:

http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply/visafees/

On the above link two categories are confusing me, I am not sure under which category I fall:

Dependent of tier 1 general applicant 600 pounds

OR

Dependent of tier 1 general applicant with HSMP approval letter (transitional arrangement) 200 pounds

Can you advise?

I have also sent an email to ukvacpk regarding this, will let you know about their reply.

Thanks,
Zahid

khanz

Got Success

Post by khanz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:49 pm

Hi guys,

My wife got visa for three years. BHC Islamabad took 4 weeks to process. They did not make any enquiry or phone call.
Thanks for all your help and advice.

Regards,
Zahid

khanz

Got Success

Post by khanz » Mon Feb 16, 2009 2:51 pm

Hi guys,

My wife got visa for three years. BHC Islamabad took 4 weeks to process. They did not make any enquiry or phone call.
Thanks to all of you for your help and advice - specially Batley Khan and Rizwan.
I highly appreciate the great job this forum is doing.

Regards,
Zahid

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:51 pm

Well done and congratulation to you and your wife on getting the visa.

Nice to be of help. Thats what makes this forum one of the best, because everybody uses their personal experience to helpand advise others that are having problems.

Maybe your personal experience will helpsomeone else in the future

unfairworld
Newly Registered

urgent plz

Post by unfairworld » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:33 pm

can somebody help, I got hsmp in May 2007 and extension in May 2009.. but I was given Tier1Visa valid till May 2012. My question is, for my wife in pakistan, will she be hsmp dependent or Tier1 dependent, there is quite a lot of difference bw hsmp dependent (30,100) and tier1 dependent fees (94,500), so thats why i am asking.. i have quoted the fees from here: http://www.ukvacpk.com/visafees.aspx ( thanks in advance )