ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about Extension application

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

chakritsus

Questions about Extension application

Post by chakritsus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 11:40 am

Hi All,
Can you help me by answering the following questions? I am applying my extension in Jan 2009.

1) What is the applicant’s current immigration status in the United Kingdom?
I am thinking of writing "Valid Leave to Remain" . Is that OK or any specific wording we need to use?

2) reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.
is this VAF number on the UK visa ?

3) Marriage certificate : do I need to submit Marriage certificate ?

4)Maintenance funds: I am planning to show last 3 monthly Bank statements which shows balance more than required (800 +533) . Is this OK or do we need to take any other letter from Bank?

Chakri

push
United Kingdom

Re: Questions about Extension application

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:11 pm

chakritsus wrote:
1) What is the applicant’s current immigration status in the United Kingdom?
I am thinking of writing "Valid Leave to Remain" . Is that OK or any specific wording we need to use?
Write EC/Leave to Enter under ##### VISA Category
chakritsus wrote: 2) reference number on the entry clearance or visa which can be found in the applicant’s passport or travel document.
is this VAF number on the UK visa ?
Its the reference number on the HSMP approval letter (assuming you got EC under HSMP). It was not there on my VISA but the immigration officer wrote it on the VISA after looking at the HSMP approval letter.
chakritsus wrote: 3) Marriage certificate : do I need to submit Marriage certificate ?
chakritsus wrote: If you are applying for dependent then yes for him/her
4)Maintenance funds: I am planning to show last 3 monthly Bank statements which shows balance more than required (800 +533) . Is this OK or do we need to take any other letter from Bank?
Its ok as long as it is in the shape and format as per the the guidance notes. See below:
Personal bank or building society statements covering the three-month period immediately before the application
The personal bank or building society statements should clearly show:
your name;
the account number;
the date of the statement;
the financial institution's name and logo;
transactions covering the three-month period;
that there is enough funds present in the account; and
that there has been enough money present in the account for the past three months.
If you wish to send electronic bank statements from an online account these must contain all of the details listed above. In addition, you will need to send a supporting letter from your bank, on company headed paper, confirming the authenticity of the statements sent.
We will not accept statements which simply show the balance in the account on a particular day as these documents do not show that you hold enough funds for the full period required.
regards,
push
Important: Please read this Disclaimer

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi push_hsmp,
Thanks a lot for very quick response.

regarding my question on reference number on the entry clearance, I don't have any other number other than VAF NO and one number with Bold font in red colour.

I have entered the HSMP reference number in many places like "Home Office reference number(s) - if known" in payment details and Personal Details sections.

Can you guide me whether I am entering these numbers properly or not?

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:49 pm

chakritsus wrote:Hi push_hsmp,
Thanks a lot for very quick response.

regarding my question on reference number on the entry clearance, I don't have any other number other than VAF NO and one number with Bold font in red colour.

I have entered the HSMP reference number in many places like "Home Office reference number(s) - if known" in payment details and Personal Details sections.

Can you guide me whether I am entering these numbers properly or not?
hi mate..i am also due to apply some time this week... similar situation to urs.. currently on hsmp..extending within tier 1 for myself and my spouse..

regarding my HO reference number:
1. i have a reference number on initial hsmp approval letter..
2. another reference number in the home office letter when passport was endorsed..
3. a different work permit number starting with HSMP on the above letter.
4. a different number starting with UK on top right hand corner of hsmp visa stamped in passport.

not sure which one to put...

in my spouse's dep visa there is:
1. a 9 digit red fonted number on top rt hand corner
2. another VAF no: ..

..the VAF number seems to be the right reference number to me in her case..

they arent asking for a marriage certificate but i think its always better to send it if u have it in hand..no harms in sending extra documents nah..

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:40 pm

VAF is the VISA Application Form number not a reference number from HO
regards,
push

nnj10

RE: Questions about Extension application

Post by nnj10 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi Chakri,

I will be applying for my HSMP Extension (as Tier-1 General) in a couple of months time. Pls. see my take on your Questions:

1) Assuming your's is an HSMP Extention, You can write as
"Leave to Remain under HSMP"

2) I would write my HSMP reference no, which is in the format
HSMP#123456, Which is different to a VAF No. on your passport.
The red bold 9 digit no. is probably an EC Serial No.
As long as this HSMP Ref. No. is mentioned and you are sending your original passports along with your application, it should be fine.

3) Sorry, don't know answer to this.

4) Maintenance funds: Prima facie, it looks OK to just send a bank statement as you mentioned. I am not sure, if the fund need to be in your spouse's separate account (GBP 533), in addition to your (GBP 800) account in your name.

The above doubt is because of the following excerpts on the UKBA Website:

"The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants."

This is available at:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

I am confused about my own application, as I have the sufficient funds (800+533+533) for my self and 2 dependans (Spouse+1 Child), in a single bank account in my name only.
This money is not in my joint account.

The above excerpt, says the evidence of Maintenance funds for the dependent should not have been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants.

Can anyone who applied recently throw some light on this?

Thanks All,
NNJ10

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:54 pm

Thanks all for responses.

so I am entering VAF No for reference number on the entry clearance or visa , as that is the only number on my visa.

and regarding NNJ10 question on "The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants."

I feel that they are not asking different statement for dependants, but the same amount of money should not be used as evidence for the main applicant and other dependants.
for example , if you have only 800 pounds in bank statement and you cannot use the same statement for yourself and ur dependants as different piece of evidence.
This is only my guess and I am not an expert here :)

BTW my visa expires on 06/02/2009 and I am planning to apply on 29/12/2008 . some 5 and half weeks before .Is this OK ?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 3:56 pm

4) Maintenance funds: Prima facie, it looks OK to just send a bank statement as you mentioned. I am not sure, if the fund need to be in your spouse's separate account (GBP 533), in addition to your (GBP 800) account in your name.

The above doubt is because of the following excerpts on the UKBA Website:

"The evidence provided can relate specifically to the dependant or it can also include evidence for the main applicant which has not been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants."

This is available at:

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... ependants/

I am confused about my own application, as I have the sufficient funds (800+533+533) for my self and 2 dependans (Spouse+1 Child), in a single bank account in my name only.
This money is not in my joint account.

The above excerpt, says the evidence of Maintenance funds for the dependent should not have been used as evidence of funds on the main applicant's own application or that of other dependants.

All it says is you can not use same funds (not the same account) that have been used for the main applicant to show that your dependents meet the maintenance criteria. So maintaining funds in a single account is fine. Provide an undertaking to the effect with your dependent's applications that you will be supporting them through the funds available in your account and that sufficient funds are available for the three of you in that account.
regards,
push

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:03 pm

chakritsus wrote:This is only my guess and I am not an expert here

Nobody is an expert here. We all have a shared knowledge and collective experience/wisdom here.
chakritsus wrote: BTW my visa expires on 06/02/2009 and I am planning to apply on 29/12/2008 . some 5 and half weeks before .Is this OK ?
Perfectly fine

All the best and do let us know how it goes
regards,
push

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:12 pm

Hi Chakri,

I would like to differ, on your application date.

You should not apply more than a month before your leave runs out, unless you have some valid reason to do so. In your case, apply after 6-Jan-09.

see below in the para marked as " For applications made inside the United Kingdom":

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:22 pm

nnj10 wrote:Hi Chakri,

I would like to differ, on your application date.

You should not apply more than a month before your leave runs out, unless you have some valid reason to do so. In your case, apply after 6-Jan-09.

see below in the para marked as " For applications made inside the United Kingdom":

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/worki ... owtoapply/
nnj10,

It says:
If you are already in the United Kingdom, you should apply to stay as soon as possible and before your current leave runs out. We encourage you to apply one month before your leave runs out.
- "One month before" - am I missing anything here??
regards,
push

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:26 pm

I guess 5 weeks should be fine . The guidance document says like this .

When should I apply?
It is important that applicants make an application for further leave to remain before his/her current leave expires. However applicants should, wherever possible, make their application no more than five weeks in advance of the expiry of his/her current leave.

some people in this forum applied 6 weeks before also.

I dont think they will be so strict if u send couple of days earlier :)

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi Chakri,

Where did you find this note to apply within 5 weeks?
Can you please send a link or ref. to any para. no. on Guidance notes?

NNJ10

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:42 pm

nnj10 wrote:Hi Chakri,

Where did you find this note to apply within 5 weeks?
Can you please send a link or ref. to any para. no. on Guidance notes?

NNJ10
Page number : 48 in Guidance notes. see the para "When should I apply?"

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:48 pm

chakritsus wrote:I guess 5 weeks should be fine . The guidance document says like this .

When should I apply?
It is important that applicants make an application for further leave to remain before his/her current leave expires. However applicants should, wherever possible, make their application no more than five weeks in advance of the expiry of his/her current leave.

Thanks charkritsus. Just for my understanding - Is this something that you have picked up from Annex E - HSMP Forum Ltd Judicial Review section of the Guidance note or is it available (and applicable) under other categories too. I am not nitpicking on this but thought would clarify the point.
Last edited by push on Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
regards,
push

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:50 pm

chakritsus wrote:I guess 5 weeks should be fine . The guidance document says like this .

When should I apply?

i think its better to wait a couple of days to be on safe side...

nnj10

Post by nnj10 » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:51 pm

Hi Chakri,

Is that not only for the applications for HSMP Forum Ltd Judicial Review?
(and not for an HSMP Extention under Tier-1 General)

NNJ10

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:54 pm

People let us not be overly concerned about this point - it is not a mandatory or restrictive clause in that the Guidance Note (which as per my understanding applies only to HSMP Forum JR cases only) says - "wherever possible".

Secondly - there are a number of examples of ppl applying 6 weeks in advance of expiry of their existing leaves (without providing for any proof for an early application).
regards,
push

chakritsus

Post by chakritsus » Sun Dec 28, 2008 4:55 pm

Thanks charkritsus. Just for my understanding - Is this something that you have picked up from Annex E - HSMP Forum Ltd Judicial Review section of the Guidance note or is it available (and applicable) under other categories too. I am not nitpicking on this but thought would clarify the point
sorry it is in "Annex E - HSMP Forum Ltd Judicial Review section". I did not see it before. Please ignore my previous message.

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 5:05 pm

chakritsus wrote:
Thanks charkritsus. Just for my understanding - Is this something that you have picked up from Annex E - HSMP Forum Ltd Judicial Review section of the Guidance note or is it available (and applicable) under other categories too. I am not nitpicking on this but thought would clarify the point
sorry it is in "Annex E - HSMP Forum Ltd Judicial Review section". I did not see it before. Please ignore my previous message.
Thanks for clarifying mate
regards,
push

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:47 pm

chakritsus wrote:
ok then its fine then...
even i had a look..
it seems applicable only for JR people..

mate have u drafted covering letter?
if so, is it seperate letters for you and dependants or one covering letter including details of main and dependant applications?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 8:50 pm

Have separate letters for the main applicant (also mention here that you are submitting applications for dependents too) and the dependents
regards,
push

abhijack

Post by abhijack » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:34 pm

push_hsmp wrote:Have separate letters for the main applicant (also mention here that you are submitting applications for dependents too) and the dependents
do u mean a covering letter signed by dependant?
but i am submitting both applications together nah..
can we keep my contact details in both letters?

push
United Kingdom

Post by push » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:21 pm

Its true that you are applying for your dependents too but the dependent is applying in his/her own capacity. The cover letter that goes with the dependent's application should be signed by the dependent (It would hardly have anything except for info re evidence establishing their relationship with the main applicant and the maintenance funds.
can we keep my contact details in both letters?
Yes
regards,
push

krssubbu

Post by krssubbu » Mon Dec 29, 2008 8:55 am

Hi,

I am due for my extension in Jan 09.

I am planning to show from Jan 2008 - Dec 2008. I had been doing a contract until May 08. I was with a umbrella company.

1. for the month of Jan 08, my timesheets says 31st Dec 07 - 28th Jan 08.

So i think i will overlap by 1 day. is this ok ? (31st Dec 07 - 31st Dec 08)
my Dec 08 month payslip is intil 31st Dec 08

2. Since i have gone through a umbrella company, should i put on the convering letter as Salaried employee or self employed ?

Please help me.

I have posted this earlier but had no response. so posting this question again.

Thanks