ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ki-ki
Newly Registered
Burundi

Re: Naturalisation certificate post ceremony timeframe

Post by ki-ki » Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:59 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 7:52 am
Balea wrote:
Wed Feb 21, 2024 10:10 am
sairsint wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:14 pm
Balea wrote:
Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:54 pm
sairsint wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 7:33 pm
Two months and counting since the ceremony just to receive a single, albeit very important document is completely unacceptable!
I fully agree with you. Additional ceremonies are going to be held next week, which will only increase the backlog... I was positive about 45 days delivery but It's being now more than 2 months waiting for it and it seems a none sense... I'm lucky enough that I'm an EU citizen and I don't need a visa but not having any view about when the certificate will be issued is disappointing.

Attended 19th of December@ 1pm ceremony.
This issue needs to be addressed to TDs to raise the awareness and query the minister/department. It’s completely unacceptable to lengthen people’s potential immigration/travel/rights by months just because they can’t or wont issue this document at the ceremony.

Telling people they are now citizens at the ceremony is all well and good until the “citizen” needs to prove it with absolutely no documentation.
I fully agree with you. I'm fine with not having the certificate but they should issue a document that states that you have been granted your naturalisation during the ceremony. In that way, people could justify their status and start issuing their passports.
I will be taking a picture of the signed declaration at the ceremony. Unfortunately this will be the only proof I will have that I attended should there be any issues receiving my certificate “at a later date.”

It’s unbelievable that people are still waiting to receive their certificates from a ceremony that took place over two months ago. I’ve made a request to a TD about this since my partner is one of them and they will be making a parliamentary query on the matter. How the department can think this is acceptable is beyond me.
you sign your part but they don't even sign their part there. they just put it under a table to be signed later and then take the next person. so if u did take a pic it would be missing an authority signature. their circus continues on and on and on..... this feckin joke. anyways i do wish you all speedy processes and deliveries for those who are still waiting. my heart truly goes out to you. i got mine but i get drawn back here to see if all my people with whom we moaned together for ages are winning. gives me some satisfaction

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Feb 22, 2024 2:59 pm

They can't even sign the paper while you're there... amazing.

I still don't understand the requirement to force people to attend these things. It's literally an 8 hour journey for me (door to door) just to attend a ~30 minute ceremony where I don't even get my certificate and they don't even sign my declaration. What's the point?!

Perhaps I can get a selfie with one of them just so I have some proof that I was there! :roll:
Last edited by sairsint on Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:03 pm

ki-ki wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 1:59 pm

you sign your part but they don't even sign their part there. they just put it under a table to be signed later and then take the next person. so if u did take a pic it would be missing an authority signature. their circus continues on and on and on..... this feckin joke. anyways i do wish you all speedy processes and deliveries for those who are still waiting. my heart truly goes out to you. i got mine but i get drawn back here to see if all my people with whom we moaned together for ages are winning. gives me some satisfaction
That's an interesting experience you had there. I asked whether I could take a picture of my paper with their signature - they said sure, signed right then and there, I took a photo, done. Perhaps they changed their way of doing things.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:05 pm

meself2 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:03 pm
ki-ki wrote:

That's an interesting experience you had there. I asked whether I could take a picture of my paper with their signature - they said sure, signed right then and there, I took a photo, done. Perhaps they changed their way of doing things.
I will do the same and let you know how it goes. I really want that signature and picture as it’s the only real evidence I’ll have once I leave.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:31 pm

I sent an email to my local TD

I got this response in 2 hours

Dear ,
I hope you are well.
Many thanks for your email to Catherine and for raising this issue.
Catherine has written to the Department of Justice, to highlight the inconvenience that the delay in the issuing of certificates is causing.
I hope this is somewhat helpful for you.
Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance at any time.

ronconeej
Newly Registered
Mood:
United States of America

Post by ronconeej » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:39 pm

Has anyone from the 19th of December received their certificate?

My ceremony timeframe was 19December - 2pm

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:41 pm

ronconeej wrote:
Fri Feb 23, 2024 2:39 pm
Has anyone from the 19th of December received their certificate?

My ceremony timeframe was 19December - 2pm
I was 19th 13 pm but nothing yet. A friend of mine who attended the morning session received his cert last Friday but i know some folks from the same session who havent yet

Beatrixkiddo123
Newly Registered
Romania

Post by Beatrixkiddo123 » Fri Feb 23, 2024 3:00 pm

According to a Fbook group, the certs from morning ceremonies on the 19th started to arrive in the post.
I’ll say another week for the afternoon ones.
I’ve attended the 1pm on 19th.

Kazim07
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Kazim07 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:53 am

I attended December 19 ceremony at 10:30.
Going by the messages online, I expected last week was supposed to be the certificates for the ceremony I attended; however I have not received my certificate yet.
I have sent an email query to Citizenshipinfo and got a generic response that certificates continue to be processed and printed and yet we have another ceremony taking place today.
I think we deserve better than this.
I cant wait for this whole process to be over, 2 years of uncertainty and waiting is just too much.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:13 pm

Kazim07 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:53 am
Going by the messages online, I expected last week was supposed to be the certificates for the ceremony I attended; however I have not received my certificate yet.
I have sent an email query to Citizenshipinfo and got a generic response that certificates continue to be processed and printed and yet we have another ceremony taking place today.
I cant wait for this whole process to be over, 2 years of uncertainty and waiting is just too much.
there is no other option but to wait. there is no transparency in the system. hang on my friend. I had attended the 3 pm ceremony. there are still several people without the certs.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:35 pm

Kazim07 wrote:
Send an email to conor.hunt@rte.ie. He is the author of this article https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/12 ... eremonies/
He had a bit of shock learning that the certs are still pending for many people

Katcumoto
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Katcumoto » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:24 pm

Kazim07 wrote:
Dear Fellow Citizens Without Certificates,

I attended the citizenship ceremony on 19 December at 10:30 am, and like many of you, I am still awaiting my naturalization certificate.

I've been in contact with "The Journal" newspaper, and they are interested in covering our collective experiences regarding the delays in receiving Irish naturalization certificates. Your voice matters in shedding light on this issue.

If you have faced similar delays and are willing to share your story with the press, please reach out to Eimer McAuley directly at eimermcauley@thejournal.ie. Together, we can amplify our concerns, raise awareness, and potentially prompt positive changes in the system.

Katcumoto
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Katcumoto » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:32 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 1:35 pm
Kazim07 wrote:
Send an email to conor.hunt@rte.ie. He is the author of this article https://www.rte.ie/news/ireland/2023/12 ... eremonies/
He had a bit of shock learning that the certs are still pending for many people
Thanks for sharing Mr. Hunt's contacts - I've sent him an email with my certificate story.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:40 pm

Katcumoto wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:24 pm
Kazim07 wrote:

I attended the citizenship ceremony on 19 December at 10:30 am, and like many of you, I am still awaiting my naturalization certificate.

I've been in contact with "The Journal" newspaper, and they are interested in covering our collective experiences regarding the delays in receiving Irish naturalization certificates. Your voice matters in shedding light on this issue.

If you have faced similar delays and are willing to share your story with the press, please reach out to Eimer McAuley directly at eimermcauley@thejournal.ie. Together, we can amplify our concerns, raise awareness, and potentially prompt positive changes in the system.
Did they actually say that they are willing to hear from others ?

Katcumoto
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Katcumoto » Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:50 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:40 pm
Katcumoto wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 2:24 pm
Kazim07 wrote:

Did they actually say that they are willing to hear from others ?
Yes, that is the reason I'm sharing it here.

sairsint
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by sairsint » Mon Feb 26, 2024 3:41 pm

sairsint wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:05 pm
meself2 wrote:
Thu Feb 22, 2024 3:03 pm
ki-ki wrote:

I will do the same and let you know how it goes. I really want that signature and picture as it’s the only real evidence I’ll have once I leave.
They signed the declaration right in front of me; in fact it appeared to be the protocol. So at least I have a picture of it as evidence I attended.

That said, it was a small ceremony and I think it was only one today; nobody was there before or queuing after and registration was gone at the end. I read the national concert hall holds 1,200 and all guests were on the upper level so at a guess maybe 1,000 candidates were naturalised today, so hopefully our certificates come sooner than expected.

divinelove
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by divinelove » Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:45 am

Hello all,

My empathy to all who are waiting for their certs. Congratulations to the patient ones who completed the Citizenship process. Thank you for the person to provided us a guestimate of around 5th March 2024 for 19th Dec 2024 3pm attendees. That helps the mind a lot! Thank you!

Quick question - Any luck with 19Dec 3 pm attendees getting cert? Like many of you, I am awaiting too.

However, I must say a food for thought for fellow companions who are in this boat. Like you and me, who maybe not perfect and did all we can to get to this point in our life. An empathetic note could be considered for those who people who are working (however poor progress in our prespevtive) they maybe are working to their best capacity to help us progress in the process/they maybe are doing all they can in their power.

With this note, I wish you a peaceful ✌️ 🙏 day!

:)

Bluebird71
Ireland

Post by Bluebird71 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 11:15 am

divinelove wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:45 am
Hello all,

My empathy to all who are waiting for their certs. Congratulations to the patient ones who completed the Citizenship process. Thank you for the person to provided us a guestimate of around 5th March 2024 for 19th Dec 2024 3pm attendees. That helps the mind a lot! Thank you!

Quick question - Any luck with 19Dec 3 pm attendees getting cert? Like many of you, I am awaiting too.

However, I must say a food for thought for fellow companions who are in this boat. Like you and me, who maybe not perfect and did all we can to get to this point in our life. An empathetic note could be considered for those who people who are working (however poor progress in our prespevtive) they maybe are working to their best capacity to help us progress in the process/they maybe are doing all they can in their power.

With this note, I wish you a peaceful ✌️ 🙏 day!

I am a 1pm 19th Dec attendee and still waiting ........ Its nearly March and another ceremony has come and gone and still we wait. I have asked my TD but gotten an automated response from the department with no information as to when it will be received. This has impacted my employment now and I am at a loss as to what to do or say anymore.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Tue Feb 27, 2024 12:15 pm

I am a 1pm 19th Dec attendee and still waiting ........ Its nearly March and another ceremony has come and gone and still we wait. I have asked my TD but gotten an automated response from the department with no information as to when it will be received. This has impacted my employment now and I am at a loss as to what to do or say anymore.
This is totally out of our control. We should try not to think about it otherwise we'll go crazy. Nobody cares about our certificates . I wont bother ask for help. I am also 1 pm 19th. I think we should be next in line

AlmostIrish_111
Ireland

Post by AlmostIrish_111 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:20 pm

It is quite baffling that the department does not seem care about its utter lack of processes and standards.

If the department already issues an email to naturalised citizens, with a legally biding document stating they are Irish citizens, whenever the citizen misplaces or destroys their naturalisation certificate, then how complex would it be to issue a similar email, also with legally biding document, stating that the person has attended the ceremony, is now a naturalised Irish citizen and provide a protocol number for the printing of their certificate?

To my understanding that would allow people to apply for passports and exercise their rights as Irish citizens, while in the background the department takes all the time in the world to resolve its printing problems.

But all I can say is good luck to all of you waiting for the certificate, and don't pull your hairs out, it is not worth it.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:54 pm

I asked immigration service for guidance in case my certificate doesnt arrive before my IRP expires and if i needed to travel. They said i could renew my registration if i wished. I asked them if they could extend my IRP for few months . They said they needed to check that. Today they responded and offered re-entry visa appointment :-) Tourist visa for a citizen must be joke. my expectation from department of justice in general is very very low

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:03 pm

cnbyz wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 3:54 pm
I asked immigration service for guidance in case my certificate doesnt arrive before my IRP expires and if i needed to travel. They said i could renew my registration if i wished. I asked them if they could extend my IRP for few months . They said they needed to check that. Today they responded and offered re-entry visa appointment :-) Tourist visa for a citizen must be joke. my expectation from department of justice in general is very very low
I think you should not be applying for renewal of IRP. somewhere , i read that IRP card doesnot need to be renewed as you are a citizen unless you plan to travel out of country with your old passort.

cnbyz
Mood:
Ireland

Post by cnbyz » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:29 pm

sv23367 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:03 pm
cnbyz wrote:
I think you should not be applying for renewal of IRP. somewhere , i read that IRP card doesnot need to be renewed as you are a citizen unless you plan to travel out of country with your old passort.
Thats correct but i need to travel often for work.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:24 pm

cnbyz wrote:
That's how it was before GNIB was converted into IRP - you were unable to travel with just the card, had to apply for a visa separately and get it. So nothing new here, unfortunately.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

sv23367

Post by sv23367 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 7:23 am

divinelove wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 10:45 am
Hello all,

with the way things are going, i see that Department is yet to send any certs for 1 pm Dec 19th . this could be due to the ceremony on Monday 26th. another 2000 certs (1 pm and 3 pm) are yet to sent . not sure if they are printed already. i wont be surprised for another 4 weeks elapsed time before everyone in Dec ceremony receive their certs