ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship delayed

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Adnanali112
Newly Registered
Iraq

Citizenship delayed

Post by Adnanali112 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:32 pm

Hi all ,

I have applied to be naturalisation on july 2023,and I haven't received a decision yet, however i have chased FNE couple of times and they were sending same reply that it's still within time scale, and exactly after 6 months i got email from homeoffice that my application take more than 6 months, i have done the complaint and they got back to me and said they are uphold to provide why the application is delayed and some applications take longer than 6 months, i have contacted my MP about 20 days ago and my MP sent them email but they haven't responded yet, i also requested SAR but I haven't received it yet !!

So now what step should i take? It's been more than 7 months and I haven't received the decision.

Thanks all

meself2
Ireland

Re: Citizenship delayed

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:35 pm

Adnanali112 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:32 pm
So now what step should i take? It's been more than 7 months and I haven't received the decision
They're not obliged to give you a decision in 6 months. They'll do their best to make it happen, but it's not always possible.

You seem to have done steps to get more progress or information - you just need to wait now.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:37 pm

Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:38 pm

Adnanali112 wrote:
Hi all ,

I have applied to be naturalisation on july 2023,and I haven't received a decision yet, however i have chased FNE couple of times and they were sending same reply that it's still within time scale, and exactly after 6 months i got email from homeoffice that my application take more than 6 months, i have done the complaint and they got back to me and said they are uphold to provide why the application is delayed and some applications take longer than 6 months, i have contacted my MP about 20 days ago and my MP sent them email but they haven't responded yet, i also requested SAR but I haven't received it yet !!

So now what step should i take? It's been more than 7 months and I haven't received the decision.

Thanks all
6 months is a standard processing time, but some applications take longer. They are under no obligation to respond to emails immediately or even quickly.

I have compiled a list of steps to take for delayed applications her, please note that waiting times for a SAR are up to 6 weeks. british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Adnanali112
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Adnanali112 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:51 pm

meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:35 pm
Adnanali112 wrote:
So now what step should i take? It's been more than 7 months and I haven't received the decision
They're not obliged to give you a decision in 6 months. They'll do their best to make it happen, but it's not always possible.

You seem to have done steps to get more progress or information - you just need to wait now.
Yes but i have right to know why they delay my application never had any criminal or convection i provided everything, also they don't even respond to my MP, and it's been more than a month the i requested SAR but I haven't received it.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:56 pm

Adnanali112 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:51 pm
I have right to know why they delay my application
Don't think there is any such right.

Keep in mind that all applicants for naturalization must already have ILR. That gives them most of the same rights in the UK as British Citizens, especially if they are also Commonwealth citizens.

A delay in naturalisation is unlikely to impact your life within the UK in any material way.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Feb 27, 2024 7:26 pm

Adnanali112 wrote:
Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:51 pm
meself2 wrote:
Mon Feb 26, 2024 12:35 pm
Adnanali112 wrote:

Yes but i have right to know why they delay my application never had any criminal or convection i provided everything, also they don't even respond to my MP, and it's been more than a month the i requested SAR but I haven't received it.

Citizenship is entirely discretionary and it is a privilege, not a right. They have a timeline for six months and they vaguely try to stick to it, but a number of cases (even without convictions) get delayed. SAR takes up to 6 weeks so you are still in track to receive it in their standard processing times.

I appreciate the wait it annoying and stressful, but you are already chasing, so you are doing what you can. If any issues come up you will hopefully find out in due course.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Adnanali112
Newly Registered
Iraq

Post by Adnanali112 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 11:04 am

Adnanali112 wrote:
Hi all ,

Thanks all
Update : i got invitation email this morning, thanks for everyone.