ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

track application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mcr2013

visit visa document

Post by mcr2013 » Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:43 pm

hey

i am british citizen i am inviting my mother to uk as i am sponsiring her. I have 2 questions please help me out thanks

(1) i am submitting EMPLOYMENT LETTER with 3 months bank statement and 3 months salary slips or do i need 6 months of each ?

(2) is sponsorship letter enough or i have to submit invitation letter as well ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: visit visa document

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:50 am

Your side of the equation is relatively simple, show financial and ability to support.
What the caseworker is looking more closely is your mother’s financial position and her ties to her home country. It is far more important to demonstrate those areas than your position.
Remember it is not you that is being assessed but your mother.

Three months pay slips with three months banking statements is good enough.

mcr2013

Post by mcr2013 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 12:03 pm

thanks soo much one more thing last time they came in 2011 for 6 months visit visa they mention in application that they will stay for 6 weeks but they stayed about 5 months but left the country within their time limit.. you think will it be a problem ?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Feb 28, 2024 3:15 pm

Absolutely, if you stay even a little beyond the stated period, it will be picked up. Staying months more is not going to be overlooked. Is it an absolute barrier - no but it is going to be nervous wait for the outcome.

mcr2013

track application

Post by mcr2013 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:59 am

hey

i applied visit visa for my mother they sent me email that the document has been forwarded to ukvi for processing but i can't track online application with GWF number. is it normal ?

i also not received any email from UKVI for application being considered or submitted. is it normal as well ?

does anyone know how long actually UKVI take to process visit visa application, on website it says 3 weeks anyone can share his timeline ?