ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Jobseeker benefit and immigration conditions

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sidecover123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Jobseeker benefit and immigration conditions

Post by sidecover123 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 4:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I am currently on Stamp 4 (expiring in ~14 months) and got redundant after 4 years of full-time job. I've applied for a Job Seeker benefit using the online service with the IRP card and other details, now they are asking for a letter from the Department of Justice which outlines the conditions attached to my stamp 4/visa. I have told them, there are no special conditions attached and it's standard Stamp 4 however they said that letter is still required.

I think with Stamp 4 and 4 years of PRSI even a Non-EEA can apply for JSB. The thing I have no idea about is that letter, could you guide which letter they are asking for and how to get it?

Thanks

kyk00525
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Jobseeker benefit and immigration conditions

Post by kyk00525 » Wed Feb 28, 2024 8:30 pm

the letter that state you get the stamp 4
think something like not become burden of the state

sidecover123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by sidecover123 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:00 am

Thanks for the reply.

IRP already covers that I have stamp 4, stating "not becoming burden" has to come from me however the Welfare Department asked for a letter from the Department of Justice not from me.

I'll try sending an email to immigrationsupport@justice.ie, that might help.

mrjones92
Newly Registered
Bolivia

Post by mrjones92 » Thu Feb 29, 2024 2:05 pm

Alternatively, you can try to reach out to GNIB (gnib_dv@garda.ie), by post –
Detective Chief Superintendent
Garda National Immigration Bureau
13/14 Burgh Quay
Dublin 2
D02XK70
my experience (by post) with this office is that they reply promptly when it comes to confirm your residence history for citizenship/passport, maybe they can provide a good response on the Stamp conditions

Jobseeker Benefit (not to be confused with Jobseeker Allowance) is PRSI based and does not look like a burden to the State, similar to maternity/paternity benefits

sidecover123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by sidecover123 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 2:14 pm

Thanks for sharing the email address: gnib_dv@garda.ie.

GNIB office advised me to contact on DRPCustomerService@justice.ie for a letter.

Here is the response from DRP Customer Service;

"

It is not the policy for the Department to issue individual letters to all registering non-EEA nationals when the conditions are readily available on the website.

The terms and conditions for Immigration Stamps are published on the attached website https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... 7abb3b7ec8.

All Stamp holders, when registered, will possess an Irish Residence Permit (IRP) card which will state their identifying personal details as well as the Stamp and the relevant expiry.

"

I shared the above response with the DSP.

Navigator_001
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Navigator_001 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:02 pm

On the same situation but on Stamp 1 G spouse of csep.. What response did you get from them

sidecover123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by sidecover123 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 2:20 pm

The DSP approved my claim next day *after* seeing the forwarded response from the ISD.

I have no idea if the stamp conditions and claiming PRSI based and/or other state funds are interlinked. If that's true then only Stamp 4 and above are eligible for such benefits.

https://www.irishimmigration.ie/registe ... 7abb3b7ec8

"You may access state funds and services as determined by Government departments or agencies."

mjdonega
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mjdonega » Sun Mar 24, 2024 3:20 pm

Hi Sidecover, my wife is claiming jobseeker benefit and they asked for the same letter from DOJ.
So, the email response from those guys was sufficient for DSP? Or do I need to get the same email response you got?
Thanks, hope you’re still on this thread.
Martin

sidecover123
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nepal

Post by sidecover123 » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:54 pm

Yes, I printed the email from the DoJ as PDF and then uploaded it on the DSP portal.
I would suggest sending an email on this address DRPCustomerService@justice.ie.

Nail_U
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by Nail_U » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:11 am

Hello, I am suffering from the same situation and I have stamp 1. I want to apply to JSA, but I cannot continue the process because IRP letter is asked. When you say that you downloaded the email from DoJ as a pdf, did you download the exact message they sent to you above as a pdf and upload it there? Just want to sure about this, thank you.

tomriddle2u
Newly Registered
European Union

Post by tomriddle2u » Thu May 09, 2024 11:33 am

Hi all,

Just a bit of help for anyone stuck regarding a letter from IRP. You can quote the following parliamentary question answered by the Minister of Justice regarding this letter (PQ) 48637/23.

Question:
859. Deputy Niall Collins asked the Minister for Justice if a letter issued to a person (details supplied) can be reissued as they require it for SUSI; and if she will make a statement on the matter. [48637/23]

View answer
Written answers
Helen McEntee
Minister for Justice
I can advise you that the Immigration Service Delivery (ISD) of my Department does not issue individual immigration permission letters to persons who have a permission to be in the State.

However, any person who has an immigration permission must have an in date Irish Residence Permit (IRP) card, which can be presented and accepted as proof of entitlement to be in the State and the conditions attaching to that stay.

The IRP card will display the type of permission the person has, represented by a Stamp number and the expiry date.

Information on the different immigration permissions and the conditions that apply to them is available on the Immigration Service website at: www.irishimmigration.ie/registering-you ... t-Stamping

Hope this helps.