ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

child British Citizenship application with expired BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Syefar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

child British Citizenship application with expired BRP

Post by Syefar » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:08 am

I applied for my UK born daughter’s registration as a british citizen after receiving ILR (both my wife and i). We are still waiting for a decision her application (been almost 4 months). However the her BRP (pbs dependent as i had tier 2 at the time) has NOW expired while we wait for a decision on her application. She is 3 years old.
I am worried if it might affect her application or i should do something to renew it.

Separately she has an NHS GP appointment for a check up tomorrow. Should i cancel it for the time being given her visa isnt valid at the moment?

vinny

Re: child British Citizenship application with expired BRP

Post by vinny » Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:48 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Syefar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Syefar » Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:19 am

Thank you so much. That's a relief. Just to confirm i don't need to renew her visa right?

I was beginning to worry if she will become an over stayer as I read somewhere that visas should be renewed 28 days before they expire.

Do you think if its a good idea to email Home Office asking for an update and mentioning that her visa has run out?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:56 am

Syefar wrote:
Thu Feb 29, 2024 9:19 am
Thank you so much. That's a relief. Just to confirm i don't need to renew her visa right?

I was beginning to worry if she will become an over stayer as I read somewhere that visas should be renewed 28 days before they expire. Wrong

Do you think if its a good idea to email Home Office asking for an update and mentioning that her visa has run out?
No need for any of ghe above,

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:59 am

Your application is still within processing times. no use chasing. If you have appropriate health insurance for your child so you can keep using the NHS that is all you need to worry about for now.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Syefar
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Syefar » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:34 pm

Approval received on 10 March - Exactly 4 months from Biometrics.
Thank you all for the help

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Mar 13, 2024 3:37 pm

Congratulations!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 15, 2024 5:48 am

Syefar wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:34 pm
Approval received on 10 March - Exactly 4 months from Biometrics.
Thank you all for the help
Congratulations