ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Getting citizenship with criminal record

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Avram
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Getting citizenship with criminal record

Post by Avram » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:07 pm

Hello,

Did anyone got uk citizenship while having a criminal record?

I got a conditional caution for assault in 2021.

Anyone with same problem and got citizenship approved?

I will start my application in May this year so want to know what are the chances....

Thank you!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Getting citizenship with criminal record

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 01, 2024 10:27 pm

Referring to the last thread where you asked the question (british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... l#p2144019) I can't see what else could be advised, or how one would rate the chances. Not sure what a professional adviser would recommend. Clearly, if you decide to apply be very open, disclose the caution, explain the case and your conduct since then. In the end you have to accept the risk of refusal/loss of fee, but it could go the other way and you'd be ok.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Post by PM74Juve » Sat Mar 02, 2024 3:01 am

Agree with the advice you've received on previous thread and above.

Recently we've had a cluster of people refused on grounds of good character due to criminal past including some apparently flawed reasons like failure to disclose when full disclosure was given. In all cases I'd say the offending was more serious than yours but none was so recent as yours from what I recall.

We simply cannot know how they will judge your case and of course we are not privileged to see any undeclared criminal history by members here.

All you can do if you wish to take the risk of refusal... is cover letter detailing mitigation.. convincing them you are of good character. Make sure you declare all offending. Do voluntary work.. pay your taxes..etc etc. An immigration advisor may be able to help more and perhaps present your case in best light.

Unfortunately giving any statistical indication of chances are near impossible as we lack data... and of course every case is treated as unique. On advice boards such as this people tend to request help when things go wrong rather than well.. so it is possible there are lots of applications with criminal records being approved that we never hear about.. just do not know.

Avram
Newly Registered
Antigua & Barbuda

Post by Avram » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:06 am

Up

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Sun Mar 03, 2024 9:16 am

OP got advice from numerous forum members both here and in british-citizenship/british-citizenship ... 42541.html but despite that, they're still bumping their post; I don't know what else do thet want to know.

@Avram, as instead of asking for clarification on given answers, you're bumping your posts, I assume you got the answer needed. Topic locked to prevent unnecessary bumping - its rude to do so, as other people need advice as well.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.