ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work permit in France

Immigration to European countries, don't post UK or Ireland related topics!

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

spolonsky
Newly Registered

Work permit in France

Post by spolonsky » Sun Dec 28, 2008 9:35 pm

I've been living in France for over 6 years, renewing every year the carte de sejour (first scientifique, then commercant). My girlfriend of 5 years is a UK citizen - we've been living together for 4 years and have a child of 2 together. Can I get a visa that would allow me to get any job in France?

I can work at my present job, but with the current market instaboility I'd like to have other options. I am a US citizen (born in Ukraine).

Thanks in advance for your help!

lifeart

Post by lifeart » Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:05 pm

You can get a carte de sèjour - affaires familiales communautaire/UE (it is called something like that). I think you need to register with the French authorities to have your life-partnership with your friend recognised (called "concubinage"). This process is called PACS, don't know what that stands for.
Then you go to the local Préfecture (or Mairie, if it is a small place) to apply for your carte de séjour. As your partner is an EU-citizen this process falls under EU-regulations, not French law.
You should be able to receive a 5-year carte which includes an unlimited work permit
good luck

spolonsky
Newly Registered

Post by spolonsky » Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:08 am

Thanks a lot for the info - I'll try that. However, it would help a lot if you could point me to some info on the web regarding this EU regulation stuff. I've spent hours trying to figure this out.