ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

issue with repeated names in certificate of Naturalization. Please Help

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

arjunganeshan
Newly Registered
India

issue with repeated names in certificate of Naturalization. Please Help

Post by arjunganeshan » Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:56 pm

Hi All, just got me certificate of Naturalization today and was thinking for applying for British Passport. However there is an issue :

Name on Indian Passport :
Given Name - Axxxx Gxxxxxxx
Surname - Blank

Name provided in British Application :
Surname - Blank

Name mentioned in Certificate of Naturalization

Full Name - * Axxxx Gxxxxxxx* Axxxx Gxxxxxxx

so when i apply for british passport, will they accept the below:
Surname - Blank

or

Given Name - Axxxx
Surname - Gxxxxxxx

The reason for me asking is that the names mentioned in naturalization certificate and my indian passport are different. so will HMPO consider the issue if i write a cover letter explaining the same? or do i need to get the naturalization certificate amended to match the name as per my indian passport. PLEASE HELP!

PM74Juve
United Kingdom

Re: issue with repeated names in certificate of Naturalization. Please Help

Post by PM74Juve » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:33 pm

If the name on your naturalisation certificate is not correct then you need to request a correction.... did they put the name as you specified it in the naturalisation application?

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ertificate

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:10 pm

arjunganeshan wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 2:56 pm
Hi All, just got me certificate of Naturalization today and was thinking for applying for British Passport. However there is an issue :

Name on Indian Passport :
Surname - Blank

Name provided in British Application :
Surname - Blank

Name mentioned in Certificate of Naturalization

Full Name - * Axxxx Gxxxxxxx* Axxxx Gxxxxxxx

so when i apply for british passport, will they accept the below:
Surname - Blank

or

Given Name - Axxxx
Surname - Gxxxxxxx

The reason for me asking is that the names mentioned in naturalization certificate and my indian passport are different. so will HMPO consider the issue if i write a cover letter explaining the same? or do i need to get the naturalization certificate amended to match the name as per my indian passport. PLEASE HELP!
Names need to be uniform, I don't think it would be accepted but I am not entirely sure. Suggest you check what you put on the application and request a new certificate consistent with your Indian passport - if you made a mistake you will need to pay a fee to request a correction, if it is the HO's mistake they will fix it for free (but this process will take some time). You can also consider changing your name via deed poll to * Axxxx Gxxxxxxx* Axxxx Gxxxxxxx and use that on all your UK documents, explaining that the name on your Indian passport is different.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

bobcat
Newly Registered
India

Post by bobcat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:32 pm

Dear OP - helpful if you could provide an update on how did you go about solving this issue. I’ll be in a similar situation soon.

Sukhwinder01
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Sukhwinder01 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:47 am

Hi @ arjunganeshan

Have received any solution in regards to issue in your naturalisation certificate.
However I am also facing similar issue.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Apr 10, 2024 9:50 am

OP hasn't posted since first post in the thread 3 weeks ago, suggest opening your own thread and ask for advice.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.