ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR Timeline Calculation 5-10-5 Year Route

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AlanShore
Newly Registered
Nigeria

ILR Timeline Calculation 5-10-5 Year Route

Post by AlanShore » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:58 pm

Hello everyone,

I was initially granted leave on the 5 year route, but due to change in employment circumstances before my FLR application, I was switched to the 10 year route. I had to wait close to six months before getting a decision from the home office. However, I then applied to switch to the 5 year route again having met the requirements. Could someone please provide clarification on whether the visa waiting period would count as 5 year or 10 year route for the purpose of ILR application?

Kind regards
Ammar

meself2
Ireland

Re: ILR Timeline Calculation 5-10-5 Year Route

Post by meself2 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:38 am

If you switched to 10 year route and back, that means your 5 year period starts from scratch, from when you got your second 5 year route visa.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.