ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

DCoS waiting time - what other options are there?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

flowermoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Switzerland

DCoS waiting time - what other options are there?

Post by flowermoon » Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:44 pm

I've been waiting for my DCoS since Janary 2nd. I understand that there are delays but I am worried because I am due to start my job in April and the visa application from outside the UK takes another 3 weeks.

My sponsor applied for DCoS in the past, it was refused 3 times because he's a new sponsor and he kept making several mistakes (once he didn't state the working hours, then he put the salary wrong twice, because he calculated at 40 hours and not 37.5 hours per week) Quite frustrating but it happened. I have a feeling that because of that we're also getting slower treatment....

My job is NOT health care, it's for Office Manager.

Reapplied on January 2nd and we have not heard back. I have made a paid enquiry but they weren't able to help because it concerns visa applications and not the DCoS team. My sponsor called the business helpdesk twice and they're were unable to help and only said that it can take up to 20 working days "or more", no specific answer....

The sponsor has now contacted our internal solicitors to see if they can help but to be honest, all I can do is wait and it's so stressful. I know that people who have applied after January and got their DCoS approved within 10 working days.

What other options can I try? Would it make sense to withdraw the DCoS from January 2nd and make a new one and hope that we're in a faster lane now?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: DCoS waiting time - what other options are there?

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon Feb 19, 2024 5:38 pm

You are probably correct in the assumption that the previous three failed requests are impacting the fourth request. I would not withdraw the ongoing request because it will not speed the process by issuing another request. It is very much a waiting game, there is nothing else that can be done.

Please be aware the business helpline is not staffed by the Home Office. It is a private contractor that has limited access to information. The information and guidance then issue is notable in that it is poor and or misleading.

flowermoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Switzerland

Post by flowermoon » Tue Feb 20, 2024 9:31 am

Thank you

Another question: my visa application is filled out, but I haven't paid the fee or IHS yet as I want to await the approved DCoS.

What would happen if I were to send it off anyway ? I have mentioned the DCoS number in my application (because I know it). It's just still under review.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:44 am

You have stated you know the DCOS details - that is at odds with the information you previously posted. How can you know the DCOS information when you say it has not been issued?
Very confused 🫤

flowermoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Switzerland

Post by flowermoon » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:06 am

Because my sponsor can see it in their SMS system, the DCoS number is there, status "under review", just not approved. If I type that number in my application it works. My question is, what problems would I face if I sent my application off while the DCOS is still under review?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Feb 20, 2024 11:52 am

It would get refused as the COS has not been assigned

Jay090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jay090 » Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:30 am

flowermoon wrote:
Mon Feb 19, 2024 1:44 pm
I've been waiting for my DCoS since Janary 2nd. I understand that there are delays but I am worried because I am due to start my job in April and the visa application from outside the UK takes another 3 weeks.

My sponsor applied for DCoS in the past, it was refused 3 times because he's a new sponsor and he kept making several mistakes (once he didn't state the working hours, then he put the salary wrong twice, because he calculated at 40 hours and not 37.5 hours per week) Quite frustrating but it happened. I have a feeling that because of that we're also getting slower treatment....

My job is NOT health care, it's for Office Manager.

Reapplied on January 2nd and we have not heard back. I have made a paid enquiry but they weren't able to help because it concerns visa applications and not the DCoS team. My sponsor called the business helpdesk twice and they're were unable to help and only said that it can take up to 20 working days "or more", no specific answer....

The sponsor has now contacted our internal solicitors to see if they can help but to be honest, all I can do is wait and it's so stressful. I know that people who have applied after January and got their DCoS approved within 10 working days.

What other options can I try? Would it make sense to withdraw the DCoS from January 2nd and make a new one and hope that we're in a faster lane now?
Hey Can you please share did you hear back from them and was it approved this time.
Many Thanks

flowermoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Switzerland

Post by flowermoon » Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:58 am

Heard back after 8 weeks, got rejected due to an "insufficient job description" - we re-submitted on the 27th of February and waiting again.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:17 pm

With the change in salary threshold looming and the likely timescale to get another DCOS - does there salary for the role meet the new threshold?

flowermoon
Newly Registered
Mood:
Switzerland

Post by flowermoon » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:49 am

No, I will be around £140 short. Some people have been getting their DCos within 2 weeks so there's a tiny hope it'll be approved faster this time. If not, we'll withdraw and apply with a higher salary if the deadline is approaching.