ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Uploading documents (5 years' residency)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paullight
Newly Registered

Does it matter if my B1 test expires soon

Post by paullight » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:49 am

I just wanted to make sure, my B1 English language test test is expiring soon, but as long as it's valid on the day of the AN application, it's ok? It will expire soon after, between paying and biometrics appt.
Also, it's possible to upload some supporting document(s) later, before biometrics, as I'll be waiting for a couple of documents that will be available later? By then my B1 test will have expired.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Does it matter if my B1 test expires soon

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:52 am

Yes - if pass is still valid on the application date that's not an issue, even if it expires a few days later.
I believe you can upload up to 48 hours before the biometrics appointment, of course best to upload ASAP.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

paullight
Newly Registered

Post by paullight » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:59 am

Thank you!

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Feb 26, 2024 11:11 am

If any documents are missing, you should be able to ask during the UKVCAS appointment and they should be able to let you upload further documents until 10pm on that day, of course better to do that in advance as much as possible.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

paullight
Newly Registered

Another question about PCNs

Post by paullight » Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:50 pm

I'm reading numerous threads on this issue.

I've had 4 Penalty Charge Notices in all my driving history of 10 years (no FPNs), all issued by local Councils. 1 for making a prohibited u-turn, 1 for parking in a loading bay and 2 for driving in a bus lane. 3 out of these 4 were when driving other people's cars at work, and the last 2 (bus lane) happened in the last 6 months. All were paid and settled.

My conclusion from what I've read so far is that they don't need to be mentioned, but I'm feeling a bit paranoid about it. Can someone confirm I'm ok leaving these out on my application? Thanks.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Another question about PCNs

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:12 pm

You paid them immediately so you should be fine, you can mention them if you want but they weren't FPNs so you most likely will be ok.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Mar 06, 2024 4:29 pm

paullight wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:50 pm
I'm reading numerous threads on this issue.

I've had 4 Penalty Charge Notices in all my driving history of 10 years (no FPNs), all issued by local Councils. 1 for making a prohibited u-turn, 1 for parking in a loading bay and 2 for driving in a bus lane. 3 out of these 4 were when driving other people's cars at work, and the last 2 (bus lane) happened in the last 6 months. All were paid and settled.

My conclusion from what I've read so far is that they don't need to be mentioned, but I'm feeling a bit paranoid about it. Can someone confirm I'm ok leaving these out on my application? Thanks.
PCN's don't need to be disclosed. There's no record that it was you. As you mentioned, you were driving other people's car (fines were issued to the registered owner of the vehicle). These are civil offences and not criminal offences.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

paullight
Newly Registered

Post by paullight » Wed Mar 06, 2024 5:11 pm

Thank you both!

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:29 am

Multiple FPNs over a short period of time, could demonstrate a disregard for the law and therefore demonstrate someone is not of good character, see page 18 of the Good Character guidance, version 4.0. https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page18

However, there is not the same emphasis placed on PCNs as FPNs and given they’re over 10 years, even if they were FPNs I would argue they’re not over a short period and should not impact the application.
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

paullight
Newly Registered

Uploading documents (5 years' residency)

Post by paullight » Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:56 pm

I'm at the stage of uploading docs, haven't booked the UKVCAS apointment yet. I can book one up to 28 days in advance.

My question is - for evidencing 5 years' presence, is it better to wait for a couple of documents like new council tax bill, tax return and P60 that I will have available within 4-6 weeks' time - they would be useful for evidencing most recent presence? But that will delay my application. On the other hand, I do have a couple of other letters confirming this (like letters from landlord & employer), but otherwise most recent ones are for 2023. I'm inclined to stretch the appointment date to as late as possible so that I have all those documents.

What would be best to do?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Uploading documents (5 years' residency)

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:08 pm

The date of application is the date you submit and pay online. Ypur supporting documents must be dated on or before this date.

The biomterics appointment is irrlevant to this.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:10 pm

Did your passport get stamped at entry in the UK? in that case copies of all pages of passport(s) covering the qualifying period will be enough evidence of residence. If this is not the case letter from employer dated in the last month will be fine for the last few months.

paullight
Newly Registered

Post by paullight » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:21 pm

No stamps in passport, but have the other letters.

Moderators, what's happened to my thread, looks like my questions have been merged which is fine, but replies are all over the place now.
Last edited by paullight on Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paullight
Newly Registered

Post by paullight » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:23 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:08 pm
The date of application is the date you submit and pay online. Ypur supporting documents must be dated on or before this date.

The biomterics appointment is irrlevant to this.
Thanks, that actually clarifies it, thinking about it now it's obvious :) So I'm not going to bother with any documents with dates after my application submission date.