ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bringing second wife to UK on visit visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

casabi
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Bringing second wife to UK on visit visa

Post by casabi » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:03 am

Hi all I'm in a bit of a tricky situation :( and unsure what can be done,

I'm a UK born citizen, my mum is as well. My mum owns 100% of the house we are living at, it's all paid and bought by her. She brought my dad from Pakistan and he eventually became a British citizen as well. He secretly married another woman back home which my mother is furious about. Anyway a decade later my mum is starting to get old, she has gotten ill in these recent months and is bedridden. She has always said she doesn't want my fathers second wife to come anywhere near her.

He has somehow obtained a visit visa for her to come to the UK, which I think has been at the address we live at. The second wife has publicly said she will come live with us. My question is how do I stop this event from happening? For my mum to see and hear another wife come live in her home will be disastrous. My dad doesn't care for his first wife at all and wants his second wife to come live with us on a visit visa as well as his daughter which he made British. Both visa's I think have been approved and now they are looking for flight tickets to come here.

Any help on the matter will be greatly appreciated.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Bringing second wife to UK on visit visa

Post by Frontier Mole » Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:47 pm

There is very little that can be done quickly or to outright prevent travel. The individuals coming to the UK are on visit visas and will have a maximum of 6 months stay in the UK. So whatever the intention is for your father and his second family is limited by the length of the visa.

Your father's daughter may well have obtained British citizenship, but until you see her passport you will not know. It is unlikely that citizenship would be readily granted BUT it is entirely possible depending on the circumstances.

There are actions that can be undertaken to attempt to frustrate the travel. You can contact the Home Office and explain that the individuals are not being supported or sponsored by your mother. And that any claim to be living the family accommodation is not true. IF the visit visa has been granted on the basis of living at the family home that will make things awkward for the traveler's .

If the individuals do attend at you mothers property she does not have to tolerate their stay. The police should be happy to remove individuals who have no right to remain in the property. Bringing a second wife and child to the property would be seen as a form of domestic violence as coercive control.

I would have your mother prepare a letter / document that states she has not allowed the property use for the second wife and child. Send it to the Home Office - you must name the individuals and give as much details as possible, date of birth, country of origin etc.

As further protective measure I would lodge a copy of the letter with the local police station so they have no excuse not to be aware of the position if the individuals attend at the property.

secret.simon

Re: Bringing second wife to UK on visit visa

Post by secret.simon » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:47 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2024 1:47 pm
Your father's daughter may well have obtained British citizenship, but until you see her passport you will not know. It is unlikely that citizenship would be readily granted BUT it is entirely possible depending on the circumstances.
casabi wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:03 am
...as well as his daughter which he made British.
If the daughter was born after July 2007, she would automatically be a British citizen by descent from birth.

If she was born before that date, she'd have had an entitlement to register as a British citizen on Form UKF.

To the OP: How old is the daughter (your half-sister)?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.