ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Will UK Border force accept Indian Identity Certificate

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

kihiq2024
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Will UK Border force accept Indian Identity Certificate

Post by kihiq2024 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:38 am

Will the UK Border Force accept an Indian Identity Certificate (not a passport) used as a travel document for entry into the UK and a valid BRP document?

Thanks,
KIA

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Will UK Border force accept Indian Identity Certificate

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:58 am

Passport and brp only.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:43 pm

Very unlikely, to be honest.

Your better option is to apply for a passport where you are/go to home country and travel back to UK with it.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 05, 2024 10:18 pm

Absolutely not - passport is mandatory documentation now. Only in the EU days were national identity card accepted and even then not all EU ID cards were accepted.

I doubt you will even be allowed to board the plane. The carrier is not going to risk a fine for carrying a passenger without the correct documentation.

Why don’t you have a passport?

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:03 am

A passport is required to board an international flight or transport (ships). Only domestic flights (and intra-Schengen/intra-CTA flights/ferries are considered domestic for these purposes) do not require passports.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.