ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship Ceremony and travel

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xeeshan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by xeeshan » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:43 am

I have a similar siutation, but can the moderator suggest if the ILR has to be returned once the naturlisation application is approved or does it have to be after the citizenship ceremony. So for insance, if my naturalisaion application is approved today, can I travel and book my citizenship ceremony after coming back? Would my ILR still be valid and I can re-enter the UK?
Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:52 am

Yes. You only become a citizen when you attend the ceremony, your ILR us still valid and you must only return it after you attend the ceremony not before. Suggest you book the ceremony before you travel as you only have 90 days to attend, and schedule for it to be once you have returned.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

xeeshan
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by xeeshan » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:56 am

That's very helpful. Thank you for your reply as well as your advice