ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

When does the clock for days absent in the past year stop?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

robgoals
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

When does the clock for days absent in the past year stop?

Post by robgoals » Thu Mar 07, 2024 4:57 am

Hello,

My wife was recently granted ILR and is going to apply for citizenship. For family and work reasons she needs to do this soon.
She has spent close to 90 days out of the UK in the past year and needs to travel again for a few months for work from April, going well over 90 days.
If she applies for citizenship now and leaves the county while the application is in progress does the 90 days out keep going up or does it stop at the date of application?
I hope that makes sense. If be very grateful for any advice.

Amber
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: When does the clock for days absent in the past year stop?

Post by Amber » Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:24 am

You can travel outside the UK if you’ve applied for British citizenship. You need to consider whether the absence would impact on their future intentions in the UK, see from page 30 of the caseworker guidance - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page30
**this forum is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice**
Click here to send me a PM regarding an offensive post. Do NOT PM me for immigration advice.

robgoals
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by robgoals » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:05 am

[bbvideo][/bbvideo]
Amber wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:24 am
You can travel outside the UK if you’ve applied for British citizenship. You need to consider whether the absence would impact on their future intentions in the UK, see from page 30 of the caseworker guidance - https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... pdf#page30
Thanks for that. I think she would meet their requirements regarding future intentions. I'm still not clear if she will then be over the 90 days out in 12 months if she's out of the country after she applies for citizenship. Do you know if that would be the case? Thanks.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:31 am

She's free to travel after the application is submitted and absence days after that date don't count against the 90 day limit. Of course, she'll need to be in the UK for biometrics and the ceremony.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

robgoals
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by robgoals » Thu Mar 07, 2024 1:52 pm

Hi,

Thanks that's really helpful to know.