ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Parent Application (ILR 1 Year) + MN1

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kamalahasang
Newly Registered

Parent Application (ILR 1 Year) + MN1

Post by kamalahasang » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:41 am

Hi Experts,

I am applying for my British Citizenship with 1 Year in ILR (Long Residence). My daughter was born outside UK and continuous resident in the UK for last 10 Years. She is in dependent visa. I would like to know if I can add my daughter to my Citizenship application with "Add Applicant" or do I have to apply separately for her (MN1 Form).

Thanks

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Parent Application (ILR 1 Year) + MN1

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:51 am

does daughter have ILR?
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

kamalahasang
Newly Registered

Post by kamalahasang » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:17 am

No.. She is in Dependent Visa (Spouse)

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 08, 2024 11:50 am

as she was born abroad daughter needs ILR to apply.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

kamalahasang
Newly Registered

Post by kamalahasang » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:25 pm

british-citizenship/child-10-years-stay ... 40874.html

As discussed in the thread above, she can apply British Citizenship using MN1 Form without an ILR. Is my understanding correct? If yes, my question is, should I apply for her separately or can I include her in my application?

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:31 pm

If you are confident daughter is eligible then you can either add her to your application or she can apply separately, doesn't matter. If you add her to your online application and specify she is under 18 the form will adjust to MN1 automatically.

kamalahasang
Newly Registered

Post by kamalahasang » Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:40 pm

Thanks!

When I try to add my daughter to my application, I see the following question.

Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form?

Should I say "Yes" or "No" for this question? To reconfirm, I am applying on the basis of ILR + 1 Year.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Fri Mar 08, 2024 2:24 pm

kamalahasang wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 1:40 pm
Thanks!

When I try to add my daughter to my application, I see the following question.

Are either of the parents of the child (as stated in this application) applying for naturalisation as a British citizen on an AN form? You really need us to interpret this question?

Should I say "Yes" or "No" for this question? To reconfirm, I am applying on the basis of ILR + 1 Year.

Thanks
You've been warned that your daughter needs ILR first. Good luck with your gamble.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

kamalahasang
Newly Registered

Post by kamalahasang » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:09 pm

ok.. Let me get this clear.

I have ILR(10 Years Long Residence) + 1 Year now. My spouse has applied for ILR on 10 Years Route and awaiting approval. My daughter(born outside UK) has been resident for 10 Years in the UK.

As per my understanding, my daughter can apply for Citizenship without ILR as per MN1 (Registration at the Home Secretary’s discretion – Section 3(1) - Children who have lived in the UK for more than 10 years)

Please correct me if my understanding is correct.

Thanks

Trishermii
Newly Registered
Uganda

Post by Trishermii » Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:52 am

Your daughter can only use MN1 if she was born in the UK without either parents having ILR but got it before apply for ctizenship.. But if born outside of UK, she has to apply for ILR.. try your luck but staying 10 years here does not outmatically qualify her.. Good luck..