ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKVCAS appointment - changing to a free one

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

paullight
Newly Registered

UKVCAS appointment - changing to a free one

Post by paullight » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:39 pm

I feel so stupid. I did not realise that there are free UKVCAS appointments. I'm so used to them charging for everything at every step that I assumed it's normal to pay over £100 for an appointment :shock:
Now that I've booked a paid one, I'd like to cancel and get my money back (minus £10 as I understand) and book a free one, but how to go about it if you can't see availability until you cancel existing one? Am I risking not finding any or finding one half the country across from me? Any advice appreciated.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: UKVCAS appointment - changing to a free one

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:42 pm

If you can wait, new free appointments get added to the website at 9am every morning for 28 days later (or as soon as they are available if someone cancels). Availability depends and it's impossible to forecast it. If you can wait a bit (you have 45 days to attend) you can take the bet to cancel, and worst that happens you'll book another paid appointment.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

paullight
Newly Registered

Post by paullight » Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:48 pm

Thanks, I think I'll do that, still will lose £10 for nothing but it's worth a try. :(

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:37 pm

Or you will recover £90 :)
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

paullight
Newly Registered

Post by paullight » Fri Mar 08, 2024 5:47 pm

Yes. £109 to be exact :D