ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ilr after 5 years of flrm

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DKV
India

Ilr after 5 years of flrm

Post by DKV » Sat Feb 03, 2024 8:03 am

Hi,

Sorry for the long post.

I am about to apply ilr for my wife and have the following questions. Please can someone answer the below -

The ilr route is Set (m) as her initial visa grant letter stated she is on 5 years route for ilr. Is set m the right form?

I am a British citizen and my wife was granted flrm initially on 26/01/2019. Her current flrm expires on 04/03/2024. I understand she was eligible for ilr from Dec 31st (28 days before completing 60months) but I am planning to apply after 20th of this month. Is it OK to apply before her current visa expires (i.e before 04/03/2024)?

She has passed life in the UK and also passed her B1 test from trinity college London so I am guessing there is nothing else to sit in in terms of certifications.

One question in the application was 'how long have you lived in the UK'? She came to the UK in 2013 and left in 2014 for maternity. She has been in the UK continuously from July 2015 until now with no breaks in her stay. So what should be the answer to this question? 2013 or July 2015?

There is no priority route for set m as far as I know. Only super priority route is available. Is this right?

Many thanks,
DKV

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Ilr after 5 years of flrm

Post by zimba » Sat Feb 03, 2024 3:57 pm

SET(M) is correct. She can apply anytime before visa expiry. The question of how long you have lived in the UK is unimportant. Just answer since 2013. Also note that only have a super priority visa service is available
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:04 pm

Thanks Zimba

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:19 pm

Hi everyone,

I am going to apply my wife and daughter's ILR applications (using standard service) this week and a couple of questions have made me restless. Please can someone answer below-

I meet the financial requirement solely based on my employment. There were no questions on my wife's employment although she works part time. I haven't mentioned anything about her employment in the application as I meet the financial criteria with my income. Is this ok?

The checklist generated asks for 'documents supporting my other reasons to stay in the UK'. I have explained clearly that on my wife's behalf that 'my spouse and youngest daughter are British nationals'. It would be hard for us to live apart. We have declared that both of us have spent more considerable time in the UK and also own a house here. Is this enough evidence?

Thanks,
DKV

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Mar 05, 2024 5:38 pm

The employment of your wife does not matter when you do not want to claim her income. You also probably answered the question of 'other reasons' to stay in the UK, hence the form is asking for the evidence. You do NOT need to answer that question as you get a confusing document item like this. You do NOT need other reasons to stay in the UK and no evidence needs to be provided.

Note that the answers on the form should not be treated as full disclosure :!:
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Fri Mar 08, 2024 9:34 am

Thanks Zimba and sorry for the late reply as I was busy with application submission.

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:59 am

One more question please-

The document checklist generated after submission asks for 'family declaration signed by partner' in mandatory documents and other documents like bank statements, letter from employer, 6 pay slips, cohabitation documents, council tax costs etc.

The checklist doesn't ask for Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 consent forms. Is this something to worry?

PS-Route is ILR (Set M) after being on flrm for 5 years.

Many thanks,
DKV

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:33 pm

DKV wrote:
Fri Mar 08, 2024 10:59 am
One more question please-

The document checklist generated after submission asks for 'family declaration signed by partner' in mandatory documents and other documents like bank statements, letter from employer, 6 pay slips, cohabitation documents, council tax costs etc.

The checklist doesn't ask for Part 1, Part 2 and Part 3 consent forms. Is this something to worry?

PS-Route is ILR (Set M) after being on flrm for 5 years.

Many thanks,
DKV
Family declaration is different from consent to verify information

DKV
India

Post by DKV » Fri Mar 08, 2024 12:39 pm

Thanks AmazonianX.

Do I need to submit the consent form as well? It is not stated in my checklist.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:06 pm

Do so