ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Correct application form for child whose mother has ILR and father has British Citizenship

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

pb80
Newly Registered

Correct application form for child whose mother has ILR and father has British Citizenship

Post by pb80 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 2:51 pm

Hello everyone,

My husband, originally an Indian citizen, got his ILR in 2011 and got his British citizenship in 2012. I obtained my ILR in 2013 and decided not to pursue British citizenship. I renewed my ILR last year and hold an Indian passport. We had applied for a Work Permit-dependent visa for our daughter at the time of her birth in India in 2008, but could never take her to the UK as husband got posted to the US and my work required me to operate from both the UK and India. Due to all these considerations, we decided to make India our base and the child was raised in India, with the support of my parents.

Husband is currently working in India. I work from both UK and India. My child is now a teenager and we want to apply for the right visa for her, so that she can come to the UK.

I'm not sure if I should be applying for ILR-dependent visa or family visa or is there anything like Citizenship-dependent visa? I see the following options on the UK visas and Immigration site (https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child), like another parent pointed out in an earlier post, but I'm not sure which one to choose:

Apply from outside the UK --> Apply separately --> Appendix FM online form --> Appendix FM Child
Apply from outside the UK --> Apply separately --> the online application form + the Appendix 1 paper form

Any help would be highly appreciated!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Correct application form for child whose mother has ILR and father has British Citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:04 pm

I'm not sure if I should be applying for ILR-dependent visa or family visa I see the following options on the UK visas and Immigration site (https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/child), like another parent pointed out in an earlier post, but I'm not sure which one to choose:

Apply from outside the UK --> Apply separately --> Appendix FM online form --> Appendix FM Child
Apply from outside the UK --> Apply separately --> the online application form + the Appendix 1 paper form
Correct yes. It is the second option.
or is there anything like Citizenship-dependent visa?

It is the same visa as above.

The difficulty you might have is that your husband is not resident and working in the UK, it not present and settled.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

pb80
Newly Registered

Re: Correct application form for child whose mother has ILR and father has British Citizenship

Post by pb80 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 3:15 pm

Thank you so much for your prompt response. Really appreciate it!
The difficulty you might have is that your husband is not resident and working in the UK, it not present and settled.
Is that a problem even if the child is dependent on me (ILR)?

My husband cannot change base from India at the moment because of the medical condition of his parents, but does intend to join us eventually (as he's a British citizen). Would a written statement to this effect from my husband help?

We want to apply now before the child turns 18, as the application process would be more straightforward.

Thanks in Advance!