ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa option for spouses of Naturalised Irish Citizen

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sv23367

Visa option for spouses of Naturalised Irish Citizen

Post by sv23367 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:27 pm

Hi all,
I got naturalised in Dec 2023 and received my certificate yesterday.

My spouse is on stamp 1g.

Is my spouse allowed to apply for Eu family resident card based my naturalisation?

Can some one clarify? I'm struggling to French schengen visa. Read in french embassy website that, if my spouse had EU family resident card, he or she can travel to schengen with the EU Citizen with their resident card. We don't need to get separate schengen visa for them.

Pls help
Thanks

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Visa option for spouses of Naturalised Irish Citizen

Post by Angel99 » Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:31 pm

sv23367 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 9:27 pm
Hi all,
I got naturalised in Dec 2023 and received my certificate yesterday.

My spouse is on stamp 1g.

Is my spouse allowed to apply for Eu family resident card based my naturalisation?

Can some one clarify? I'm struggling to French schengen visa. Read in french embassy website that, if my spouse had EU family resident card, he or she can travel to schengen with the EU Citizen with their resident card. We don't need to get separate schengen visa for them.

Pls help
Thanks
Hi,

After you receive your Irish passport or passport card then you apply for Stamp 4 for Irish spouse for your spouse. Your spouse is not eligible for IRP - Residence Card for Family Member of Union citizen aka Stamp 4 EUFam in Ireland because you haven't lived in another EU country with EU citizenship.

Only this type of IRP/Stamp is visa free to Schengen area.

If you want to travel with your spouse needs to apply for schengen visa for EU family members. The requirements are,

Your Irish passport/card
Spouse passport
Marriage certificate (apostiled or legalised)
Travel itinerary/ booked flight ticket(dummy ticket if flight is expensive).

sv23367

Re: Visa option for spouses of Naturalised Irish Citizen

Post by sv23367 » Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:48 am

Thank you Angel99 for the clarification. kind of expected it. it is hard to get Visa as EU family member. will hv to keep trying that.

Angel99 wrote:
Sat Mar 09, 2024 10:31 pm

If you want to travel with your spouse needs to apply for schengen visa for EU family members. The requirements are,

Your Irish passport/card
Spouse passport
Marriage certificate (apostiled or legalised)
Travel itinerary/ booked flight ticket(dummy ticket if flight is expensive).