ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK visitor visa for parents

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MansfieldSuper
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

UK visitor visa for parents

Post by MansfieldSuper » Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:31 pm

Hi Experts

Im hoping to apply visit visa for my parents in end of May or early June.
They were here in UK in 2014 Nov for my graduation stayed 25days.
I was thinking to apply 2 years instead 6 months as they were visited here before, but at the
same time debating my self was it too long ago should I apply for 6 months instead. Should I go for 6 months first and then apply for 2 years?

I am currently pregnant but I wanted my parents to be here for 2-2.5 months as this will be their first grandchild thinking not to mention about pregnancy in the application as I read some posts not to mention it but some say please do - wasn't sure whats the best.

once they stayed 2-2.5 months plan is to get them apply for 2 year visit visa in separate times.

Any advises would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: UK visitor visa for parents

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 11, 2024 2:44 pm

JulieJK wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 1:31 pm
Hi Experts

Im hoping to apply visit visa for my parents in end of May or early June.
They were here in UK in 2014 Nov for my graduation stayed 25days. Great for immigration history.
I was thinking to apply 2 years I think you should go for it.instead 6 months as they were visited here before, but at the
same time debating my self was it too long ago should I apply for 6 months instead. Should I go for 6 months first and then apply for 2 years? It's been almost 10 years they came to the UK. Like everything else, it has it's pros and cons. The good side is they came before and left in good time. The bad side is that their record if so far back that it's hard to judge their current economic status.

I am currently pregnant but I wanted my parents to be here for 2-2.5 months as this will be their first grandchild thinking not to mention about pregnancy in the application as I read some posts not to mention it but some say please do - wasn't sure whats the best. It's really not a deal breaker if you mention depending on the ECO, but safer not to change opinion from the main focus. Visiting. So don't mention.

once they stayed 2-2.5 months plan is to get them apply for 2 year visit visa in separate times. Yep or even 5 years.

Any advises would be appreciated.

Thanks
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

MansfieldSuper
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MansfieldSuper » Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:36 pm

Thank you Ticktack for your response.

Agree what you have mentioned about that they were here almost 10 years ago. My mum is retired now she had a one lumpsum paid when she retired and she has 2 lands which were leased. My dad is an attorney in back home. The current residence in back home own by themselves. They both are in mid sixties. Last time my dad sponsored to my mum and funded the whole trip by themselves but that time my mum had a job. Im worrying the mum's situation thinking the current funds she has would not enough. They were also showing the funds by themselves in to this trip as well ( Mum £5K FD and £2K Savings,Dad £18K FD & Savings) also me and my husband wanted to show around £10K in our joint BA account for both of them would that suffice? My initial thoughts are this would suffice if I go for 6 months visa , but would this be enough if I want to go for 2 years?

I have mentioned the funds here but I know I need to prove their ties to back home by providing sufficient evidence.

Much appreciated the support provide by this forum as always.

Thanks

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:32 pm

JulieJK wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 3:36 pm

Agree what you have mentioned about that they were here almost 10 years ago. My mum is retired now she had a one lumpsum paid when she retired and she has 2 lands which were leased. My dad is an attorney in back home. The current residence in back home own by themselves. They both are in mid sixties. Last time my dad sponsored to my mum and funded the whole trip by themselves but that time my mum had a job. Im worrying the mum's situation thinking the current funds she has would not enough. They were also showing the funds by themselves in to this trip as well ( Mum £5K FD and £2K Savings,Dad £18K FD & Savings) also me and my husband wanted to show around £10K in our joint BA account for both of them would that suffice? My initial thoughts are this would suffice if I go for 6 months visa , but would this be enough if I want to go for 2 years?

I have mentioned the funds here but I know I need to prove their ties to back home by providing sufficient evidence.

Much appreciated the support provide by this forum as always.

Thanks
It doesn't matter if you're applying for 2 years or 6 months, the requirement is the same. The difference is in the visa fees. Your parents savings and accounts look to be in great other.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

MansfieldSuper
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MansfieldSuper » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:53 pm

MansfieldSuper
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by MansfieldSuper » Mon Mar 11, 2024 4:59 pm

@moderators could you please delete my last post and delete my account please . Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 6:27 pm

Posts and accounts are not deleted.

announcements/posts-will-not-be-deleted-t199657.html
geriatrix wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:18 pm
Please note:

Posts are not and will not be deleted just because they become outdated or you wish them to be deleted.
It is you who choose to and are posting in a "public" forum, so please post information appropriately ensuring privacy is not breached.

That said, if you wish to have your account deactivated (which doesn't mean that your posts will get deleted too), please leave a request here. The needful (deactivation of account, not deletion of posts) will be done - at the moderators' convenience!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.