ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Questions about Surrender/Renunciation of Indian Passport Process in Feb 2024

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rubyracer2
Member of Standing
India

Questions about Surrender/Renunciation of Indian Passport Process in Feb 2024

Post by rubyracer2 » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:52 pm

Dear Gurus,

I have a few questions about the surrender passport/Renunciation process. I would really appreciate if you could clarify them

1) Is it possible to get the surrender and RC appointment on the same day? If so, should I apply the surrender appointment first

2) Is Renunciation certificate mandatory if I am not planning to immediately apply OCI. I know surrendering the passport is a legal requirement

3) Am I required to hand over my original British passport while surrendering the Indian passport?

Thanks in advance

dsinha
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Questions about Surrender/Renunciation of Indian Passport Process in Feb 2024

Post by dsinha » Mon Mar 04, 2024 1:42 am

Hi
I had emailed MEA to ask which to do first and they said we can either, no order was specified. I did my Surrender first and then Renunciation.
1) Not in London VFS as they did not let me book 2 appointments. I wanted to take one day off work and finish but it made me attend first appointment and only then allowed me to book the second one.
2) Yes, as per new rules, renunciation is mandatory.
3) No they don’t keep your original British passport

VA2011
Newly Registered

Re: Questions about Surrender/Renunciation of Indian Passport Process in Feb 2024

Post by VA2011 » Mon Mar 11, 2024 8:18 pm

Hi,

Sorry for posting on this thread, but my question is related to the Surrender of Indian Passport and looking for help.

In the checklist of documents required for surrendering Indian Passport it is mentioned that we need a VFS declaration form. Can someone kindly suggest what exactly is this form and where can this be found?

Thanks,
Vivek

Spykii21
Newly Registered
India

Post by Spykii21 » Wed Mar 13, 2024 12:12 pm

Hi. I submitted my application last week and the form can be downloaded from the internet if you search for VFS declaration form.

Link - https://www.vfsglobal.com/india/uk/pdf/ ... 240815.pdf

Good luck