ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for Child now adult

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sps_rawat
Newly Registered
India

ILR for Child now adult

Post by sps_rawat » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:58 pm

Hello,
I am on Skilled Visa and will be eligible for ILR in Jan-2025. However, my son and wife are on my visa as dependent. They arrived 6 month after I arrived. So, my guess is they will be eligible for ILR in Jul-Aug-2025.

Note: When my son got the dependent visa he was just under 18 and now 22. He completed his graduation and now found a full time job so I am looking for some advice please. I have following questions:

Q1 - Can he take this job and continue on my dependent visa ?
Q2 - If Answer of Q1 is No, can he switch to skilled visa ?
Q3- if Answer of Q2 is Yes. Can he still get ILR in Aug-25? (Combining his stay on my dependent visa and his own skilled visa)

Thank you in advance.

Thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: ILR for Child now adult

Post by zimba » Wed Mar 06, 2024 2:17 am

Your dependant child has no min requirement requirement at all for ILR and he can get ILR alongside your spouse as long as he is not leading an independent life:
‘Must not be leading an independent life’ or ‘is not leading an independent life’
means that the applicant does not have a partner (as defined in paragraph GEN.1.2.
of Appendix FM), is living with their parents (except where they are at boarding
school, college or university as part of their full-time education), is not employed
fulltime (unless aged 18 years or over), is wholly or mainly dependent upon their
parents for financial support (unless aged 18 years or over), and is wholly or mainly
dependent upon their parents for emotional support.
This is set out in paragraph 6 of the Immigration Rules.
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... tances.pdf

So having a job on its own is not a disqualifier when someone is an adult
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

sps_rawat
Newly Registered
India

Re: ILR for Child now adult

Post by sps_rawat » Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:26 pm

Thank you very much the response