ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EX-REFUGEE NOW BRITISH CITIZEN TRAVELLING TO HOME COUNTRY (PAKISTAN) WITH NICOP AND BRITISH PASSPORT

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Drmahmoodakhtar
Newly Registered

EX-REFUGEE NOW BRITISH CITIZEN TRAVELLING TO HOME COUNTRY (PAKISTAN) WITH NICOP AND BRITISH PASSPORT

Post by Drmahmoodakhtar » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:39 pm

Hello All,

I am British Citizen but was granted refugee status before. Can i please get assistance to know if there would be any issues with immigration clearance when exiting and entering back in the UK? I would be travelling with NICOP (Pakistani citizen identity card for foreigners) and British Passport? Any advice will be much appreciated.

regards,
MA

meself2
Ireland

Re: EX-REFUGEE NOW BRITISH CITIZEN TRAVELLING TO HOME COUNTRY (PAKISTAN) WITH NICOP AND BRITISH PASSPORT

Post by meself2 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:42 pm

Depends on the reason for your asylum, as far as I know. See post2135576.html#p2135576
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

alterhase58
Germany

Re: EX-REFUGEE NOW BRITISH CITIZEN TRAVELLING TO HOME COUNTRY (PAKISTAN) WITH NICOP AND BRITISH PASSPORT

Post by alterhase58 » Sat Nov 18, 2023 8:45 pm

You don’t expect any issues from the Pakistani side? You were a refugee from there.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Drmahmoodakhtar
Newly Registered

Post by Drmahmoodakhtar » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:53 am

Thank you for tour reply, can you please elaborate in more detail if possible. I would highly appreciate if you please add any experience from an idividual who faced issue with immigration clearance having the same route as i do i.e refugee - BC.

Many thanks
MA

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:52 am

All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:54 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 10:52 am
See this thread british-citizenship/ex-refugee-now-brit ... e#p2136594
It's thread you just posted in ...
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sun Nov 19, 2023 11:31 am

Sorry - I meant to post this thread general-uk-immigration-forum/humanatari ... l#p2135576 which was already linked above. Apologies for the confusion
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

WanderLust007
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by WanderLust007 » Tue Mar 12, 2024 10:51 pm

So did you go to Pakistan? How was the trip? Did rhey ask you questions when you came back to the uk? Let me know please