ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2 years waiting for Naturalisation...no hope? Where to complain?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

DanaG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

2 years waiting for Naturalisation...no hope? Where to complain?

Post by DanaG » Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:53 pm

Dear all,
Just wanted to ask if anyone is also waiting for so long…do I need to be prepared to wait even longer? 5 years+…
I have applied for British Citizenship on 19th April 2022 (on a basis of 5 years on Tier 2 visa plus one year ILR) and have submitted my biometrics/documents using IDV App on 28 April 2022. Started to chase after 8 months… I did everything: requested SAR, lodged complaint, engaged MP…standard reply about necessary checks with external agencies.
I haven’t complained to Independent Examiner of Complaint yet because I have never received reply from Complaintsreview complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk Can I write to IEC without their response?

any input and shared story is highly appreciated
Thank you!

secret.simon

Re: 2 years waiting for Naturalisation...no hope? Where to complain?

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 13, 2024 5:27 pm

Have you tried all the steps in this handy guide?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Wed Mar 13, 2024 9:12 pm

DanaG wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 2:53 pm
Dear all,
Just wanted to ask if anyone is also waiting for so long…do I need to be prepared to wait even longer? 5 years+…
I have applied for British Citizenship on 19th April 2022 (on a basis of 5 years on Tier 2 visa plus one year ILR) and have submitted my biometrics/documents using IDV App on 28 April 2022. Started to chase after 8 months… I did everything: requested SAR, lodged complaint, engaged MP…standard reply about necessary checks with external agencies.
I haven’t complained to Independent Examiner of Complaint yet because I have never received reply from Complaintsreview complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk Can I write to IEC without their response?

any input and shared story is highly appreciated
Thank you!
You need to request an official review of your complaint and obtain a response before writing to the IEC.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

DanaG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DanaG » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:48 am

Yes, I read about it …on my complain and further multiple emails I received this from IRPublicCorrespondence irpubliccorrespondence@homeoffice.gov.uk, 16 October 2023: “ if you are not happy with the response it is open to you to make a stage 2 complaint. Details for doing so are contained in our complaint response of 31 May 2023”…
but I’ve sent 2 requests to complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk (13 October 2023 and 19 January 2024) and they never replied back…as they missed their 20 working days deadline would it be ok to write to the IEC? What else can I do? I tried everything up to this stage …
Thank you

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:23 am

Try all other things that you have not tried, throw everything at it, long time waiting.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Thu Mar 14, 2024 12:06 pm

DanaG wrote:
Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:48 am
Yes, I read about it …on my complain and further multiple emails I received this from IRPublicCorrespondence irpubliccorrespondence@homeoffice.gov.uk, 16 October 2023: “ if you are not happy with the response it is open to you to make a stage 2 complaint. Details for doing so are contained in our complaint response of 31 May 2023”…
but I’ve sent 2 requests to complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk (13 October 2023 and 19 January 2024) and they never replied back…as they missed their 20 working days deadline would it be ok to write to the IEC? What else can I do? I tried everything up to this stage …
Thank you
Hard to know, you can keep chasing the complaint review and at the same time write to the IEC with the full timeline of the written exchanges, what they will decide to do is up to them.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

DanaG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DanaG » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:32 am

I haven’t received any response from complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk (requested 2 times)…
anyway I decided to send a request to IEC as I have just received my SAR…
and apparently it showed that my application had not yet been allocated to a case work team! even on 8 September 2023 - 17 months since the submission of my application! There is a note: “Dear Colleagues, Please see progress query below that we have received in the Further Nationality Enquiry inbox that relates to a naturalisation application that was received over 12 months ago, but which has not yet been allocated to a case work team. Can you please check for any necessary actions to be taken to enable this case to be allocated for consideration and can you arrange for a reply to be sent to the customer to give them an update. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.”
After 17 months since the submission of my paperwork my case hasn’t been even looked at, despite all their reassurance that “the application is in the process” and they are waiting for “the necessary checks are complete”
So, I escalated it to IEC even without receiving response from complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk Also sent it to MP…
will update you…to keep me sane …

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:34 pm

DanaG wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:32 am
I haven’t received any response from complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk (requested 2 times)…
anyway I decided to send a request to IEC as I have just received my SAR…
and apparently it showed that my application had not yet been allocated to a case work team! even on 8 September 2023 - 17 months since the submission of my application! There is a note: “Dear Colleagues, Please see progress query below that we have received in the Further Nationality Enquiry inbox that relates to a naturalisation application that was received over 12 months ago, but which has not yet been allocated to a case work team. Can you please check for any necessary actions to be taken to enable this case to be allocated for consideration and can you arrange for a reply to be sent to the customer to give them an update. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.”
After 17 months since the submission of my paperwork my case hasn’t been even looked at, despite all their reassurance that “the application is in the process” and they are waiting for “the necessary checks are complete”
So, I escalated it to IEC even without receiving response from complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk Also sent it to MP…
will update you…to keep me sane …
Thank you on the update, keep fighting on.

DanaG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DanaG » Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:17 pm

Hi all,
This is what I received today from IEC

"We acknowledge receipt of your complaint of 20 March 2024 about UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

I am sorry to hear of the difficulties you are having.

It may help to explain that this Office provides a complaint resolution and investigation service, which is independent of the Home Office. We do not have access to the systems used by UKVI.

If you haven’t yet raised your complaint with UKVI please do so as soon as possible, the address of the complaints department is
Complaints procedure - UK Visas and Immigration - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)
Complaints Allocation Hub
Central point of receipt
7th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
UKVI has a 2 tier complaints process, you must exhaust this process and receive a letter that clearly signposts you to the Office for the Independent Examiner of Complaints, before we can consider your complaint.
If you remain unhappy with the decision on receipt of your final response letter, please get back in touch with us, attaching a copy of the letter.
I understand that this may not be the response that you had hoped for, however we are unable to look into your complaint until you have received a final response from UKVI
As we are not in a position to review your complaint, your complaint with this Office has been closed.
You can find out more information about our service at www.gov.uk/guidance/make-a-complaint-to ... complaints.
I am sorry that we are unable to be of any further help at this time.

Kind regards

Business Support Officer
Office for the Independent Examiner of Complaints

Tel: 03000 715679
E-mail: IEC@homeoffice.gov.uk
Website: Independent Examiner of Complaints - GOV.UK //////////////

So I have to start again I guess… Has anyone ever received reply from Complaintsreview complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk ? How long did it take?

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:49 pm

I’m in the same situation

I've done the following steps with no success:
I've called them twice only to receive general information ( do not call it's a waste of time, they won't even take your reference number through the phone)
I've emailed them many times to different email addresses that i 've found on this forum I 've received only one reply with standard response that my application is still in process due to ongoing enquiries and check)
I've contacted MP to ask for updates only to receive the same response, ( MP contacted HO twice, twice she received the same standard response)
I've requested and received my SAR file ( nothing interesting in the comments sections)
I’ve sent emails to Home Secretary and the minister of migration
I've made two complaints to HO on gov website I had to chase a response by emailing the complaint HO team (received the same standard response as previous)
I have asked for a review of my complaint but same like you no response ( I believe HO knows once they give the review people will go to IEC )
The next step I’ll do is Ito ask my MP to refer my case to parliamentary and health service ombudsman

Also consider to do a PAP ( pre action protocol letter)
And a Judicial review

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:51 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:49 pm

I've called them twice only to receive general information ( do not call it's a waste of time, they won't even take your reference number through the phone)
I've emailed them many times to different email addresses that i 've found on this forum I 've received only one reply with standard response that my application is still in process due to ongoing enquiries and check)
I've contacted MP to ask for updates only to receive the same response, ( MP contacted HO twice, twice she received the same standard response)
I've requested and received my SAR file ( nothing interesting in the comments sections)
I've made two complaints to HO on gov website I had to chase a response by emailing the complaint HO team (received the same standard response as previous)
I have asked for a review of my complaint but same like you no response ( I believe HO knows once they give the review people will go to IEC )
The next step I’ll do is Ito ask my MP to refer my case to parliamentary and health service ombudsman

And a Judicial review

You won't get referred to the parliamentary and health service ombudsman if you don't get your case to the IEC first. How long has your application been outstanding?

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:55 pm

Maybe we can have a private chat as we’re in the same situation?

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:57 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:51 pm
Bibivaly wrote:

And a Judicial review

You won't get referred to the parliamentary and health service ombudsman if you don't get your case to the IEC first. How long has your application been outstanding?
Almost one year, why you think they won’t take my case without going to IEC firs?

DanaG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DanaG » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:05 pm

Bibivaly wrote:

I have already asked my MP to refer to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman in October 2023. However after a week they contacted me from the Ombudsman office and advised to go through all stages of UKVI’s complaints procedure before sending requests to them.
And a Judicial review

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:18 pm

So basically it’s a scam as the review team won’t even reply to us so we can’t go to IEC and without IEC we can’t go to ombudsman

What a joke

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:52 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:57 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Bibivaly wrote:

And a Judicial review

Almost one year, why you think they won’t take my case without going to IEC firs?

That is the procedure they ask you to follow. You need a review of your complaint, then you can approach the IEC, and only after you can't get resolution with the IEC you can get referred. Doing a judicial review or a PAP would be no help as i think they don't apply to naturalisation but to immigration only.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:39 pm

DanaG wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 2:05 pm
Bibivaly wrote:

I have already asked my MP to refer to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman in October 2023. However after a week they contacted me from the Ombudsman office and advised to go through all stages of UKVI’s complaints procedure before sending requests to them.
And a Judicial review
Any advice as we both are in the same situation?

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:03 pm

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 3:52 pm
Bibivaly wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 1:57 pm
contorted_svy wrote:
Bibivaly wrote:

And a Judicial review

That is the procedure they ask you to follow. You need a review of your complaint, then you can approach the IEC, and only after you can't get resolution with the IEC you can get referred. Doing a judicial review or a PAP would be no help as i think they don't apply to naturalisation but to immigration only.
I have asked my MP to chase my review, hopefully she will do that for me 🙏

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:36 pm

DanaG wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:17 pm
Hi all,

"We acknowledge receipt of your complaint of 20 March 2024 about UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI).

It may help to explain that this Office provides a complaint resolution and investigation service, which is independent of the Home Office. We do not have access to the systems used by UKVI.

If you haven’t yet raised your complaint with UKVI please do so as soon as possible, the address of the complaints department is
Central point of receipt
7th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY
UKVI has a 2 tier complaints process, you must exhaust this process and receive a letter that clearly signposts you to the Office for the Independent Examiner of Complaints, before we can consider your complaint.
If you remain unhappy with the decision on receipt of your final response letter, please get back in touch with us, attaching a copy of the letter.
I understand that this may not be the response that you had hoped for, however we are unable to look into your complaint until you have received a final response from UKVI
As we are not in a position to review your complaint, your complaint with this Office has been closed.
You can find out more information about our service at www.gov.uk/guidance/make-a-complaint-to ... complaints.

Kind regards

Business Support Officer

So I have to start again I guess… Has anyone ever received reply from Complaintsreview complaintsreview@homeoffice.gov.uk ? How long did it take?

Did you try explaining to IEC that HO won’t give you the review?

DanaG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DanaG » Mon Mar 25, 2024 9:38 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:36 pm
DanaG wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 6:17 pm
Hi all,

Central point of receipt
7th Floor
Lunar House
40 Wellesley Road
Croydon
CR9 2BY

Kind regards

Business Support Officer

Did you try explaining to IEC that HO won’t give you the review?
Yes I did explain everything…even that my SAR showed my application had not yet been allocated to a case work team! even on 8 September 2023 - 17 months since the submission of my application!

Have you requested updates from Further Nationality Enquiries?
Can you see interim correspondence notes in your SAR between clerks From: Further Nationality Enquiries To: NationalityFrontEndTechnicalSpecialists ? What do they say?

In my case they asked: “Dear Colleagues, Please see progress query below that we have received in the Further Nationality Enquiry inbox that relates to a naturalisation application that was received over 12 months ago, but which has not yet been allocated to a case work team. Can you please check for any necessary actions to be taken to enable this case to be allocated for consideration…”

But NO action anyway!

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:05 pm

I have read my SAR and I can’t see anything that can be an issue, how can we force them to give us this review?
You said that ombudsman won’t take the case without us going first through IEC , how do you know did you try it ?

I have asked my MP to chase this review on my behalf hopefully she will accept to do it

I don’t know what else to do

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:25 pm

Bibivaly wrote:
Mon Mar 25, 2024 11:05 pm
I have read my SAR and I can’t see anything that can be an issue, how can we force them to give us this review?
You said that ombudsman won’t take the case without us going first through IEC , how do you know did you try it ?

I have asked my MP to chase this review on my behalf hopefully she will accept to do it

In all the steps I’ve done so far I have received a total of 4 correspondences from HO , one from further nationally, two through my MP ( as she chased it twice ) and one response to my official complaint, all 4 says the same that my application is still in process due to ongoing enquiries and external checks

DanaG
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by DanaG » Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:11 am

Bibivaly wrote:

I have already asked my MP to refer to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman and she did in October 2023. However after a week they called me from the Ombudsman office and explained that they can not take my case as I have to go through all stages of UKVI’s complaints procedure (Complaint-Reveiw- IEC) before sending requests to them.

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:50 am

So basically we can’t take it to the next level without this review, it seems like this is the reason why they don’t respond to the review request because they know we’re going to take it further after 😩😩😩

Any suggestions?

Bibivaly
Romania

Post by Bibivaly » Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:19 am

DanaG wrote:
Tue Mar 26, 2024 8:11 am
Bibivaly wrote:

I have already asked my MP to refer to the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman and she did in October 2023. However after a week they called me from the Ombudsman office and explained that they can not take my case as I have to go through all stages of UKVI’s complaints procedure (Complaint-Reveiw- IEC) before sending requests to them.
My MP just replied to me , she is chasing my review request on my behalf, i think you should ask your MP to do the same