ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Need Urgent Advise Regarding Continued Employment Status

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

AnonymousSS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Need Urgent Advise Regarding Continued Employment Status

Post by AnonymousSS » Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:16 am

Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope this message finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a forthcoming change in my right to work status, which is set to expire on 27th March 2024. This change stems from the cancellation of my spousal BRP by my husband. I have already submitted an application for the Domestic Violence Visa Concession (DVVC) in response to this circumstance.

In light of this impending expiration, I am seeking clarification on whether I can continue my employment without contravening any legal regulations. Specifically, I am concerned about the legality of continuing my job while awaiting the outcome of my DVVC application. It is important to note that my current employment at Domino's Pizza is legally documented, with my wages being paid through my National Insurance contributions, and there are no cash-in-hand transactions involved.

Your guidance on this matter would be greatly appreciated. Please advise on the appropriate course of action to ensure compliance with all relevant employment laws and regulations.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

Yours sincerely,
AnonymousSS

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Need Urgent Advise Regarding Continued Employment Status

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:45 am

Can you state your immigration history?
How did he cancel it,when?
Have you received a curtailment letter and or any form of contact from HO?

AnonymousSS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by AnonymousSS » Tue Mar 12, 2024 6:25 am

My current status is spouse dependant visa but I have recieved an email from Home Office that they are giving me time until 27 March 2024 to either make a new application or leave the country. I recieved this email on 27 January 2024.

I have already told the police and they took my recorded statement and after hearing his behaviour and the treatment he gave me they called it a domestic violence case and thats why I have submitted the applicaiton for Domestic Violence Visa Concesson.

He abondand me in my recent trip to Pakistan with him. He came back to the UK alone and didn't tell me about his leave. Furthermore, he wrote to Home Office very next day that the marrige broke down and please cancel my current Visa. He took me to Pakistan just to leave me there. I came to the UK by myself and am currently living at a safe place.

I am working since November 2023 and that is why I am a little worried that am I still eligible to work even if I have submitted the applicaiton of Domestic Violence in Feb 2024.

Ticktack
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Ticktack » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:18 am

Once you make a new application, which you said you have. You can continue working until a decision is made. Your previous work entitlement is extended.
No sin in failing, you just have to try and try again!

AnonymousSS
Newly Registered
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by AnonymousSS » Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:38 pm

Although my Domestic Violence application is submitted, I still have to go to the biometric appointment which hasn't arrived yet. Does my current situation counts as a successful submission of a new appointment which means I am entitled to work until the decision of new application is made?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:05 am

AnonymousSS wrote:
Wed Mar 13, 2024 11:38 pm
Although my Domestic Violence application is submitted, I still have to go to the biometric appointment which hasn't arrived yet. Does my current situation counts as a successful submission of a new appointment which means I am entitled to work until the decision of new application is made?
Once an in time application is made you retain same right as before till decision is made.