ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant leave to remain - applying for ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

joe_2010
Newly Registered

PBS dependant leave to remain - applying for ILR

Post by joe_2010 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:34 pm

Hi All,

I have a query regarding ILR application. My husband was first granted PBS dependant visa in 2014. Ever since he has been extending in this category. His last visa was PBS dependant leave to remain valid till May 2024.
We would like to apply for ILR under 5 year route, as I have ILR and children are British citizens.
My question is during the last five year period , he lost his job due to redundancy as entire company shut down and he was un employed for 1 year ( 2021 - 2022) . Also , he travelled outside UK for 114 days. Does this break the 180 days allowable absence. Is he eligible to apply for ILR ?

Please advise

Thanks in advance
Kind regards,
Joe

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependant leave to remain - applying for ILR

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:41 pm

he lost his job due to redundancy as entire company shut down and he was un employed for 1 year ( 2021 - 2022)

His employment is irrelevant.
Also , he travelled outside UK for 114 days. Does this break the 180 days allowable absence. Is he eligible to apply for ILR ?
114 days is not 180 so dont understand your question.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:06 am

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry for the confusion.

My question was more on being unemployed whole year but still resident in UK and during this time travelled outside UK for family emergency for 114 days. Does being unemployed during 5 year period effect his eligibility to apply for ILR?

Also , to prove all other absences during employment, needs to be approved/confirmed by employer. Since he was not employed during the 114 days, how should we prove this absence?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:11 am

There is NO such requirement for pbs dependents!!

They do not have to work and do not need evidence such as an employer letter regarding absences.

You are confusing the requirments that are for main skilled worker or previous tier 2 visa holders.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:14 am

Thanks so much for clarifying this.
Please could you advise which we form we need to consider for ILR application for PBS dependent.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:25 am

Form SET O
Char (CR001 not Casa)

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:27 am

Thank you!

Truly appreciate the quick response.

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:52 pm

Hi,

Request a recent precise/essential document checklist for PBS dependent applying for ILR (based on partner/spouse with ILR).

It is confusing to see posts submitting extra documents when not required.

Any guidance would help . E.g What are necessary documents needed from a partner with ILR and their dependent.
E.g. To prove financial requirements - How many months bank statements , pay slips , p60 is required ? Is the spouse and dependent required to submit a similar set of documents ?

Also, I have a few questions while filling SET O
1. Do we need to provide National Identity card details or an internal passport ?Is it Ok to select "No" , and Is the "internal passport" same as the existing passport, the details of which are already provided as part of application?
2."Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018"? - The 5 year period for ILR application is from 2019-2024 , do we need to include absences within this time period? e.g if applicant has travelled on 15 Dec 2017 and returned 19 Jan 2018 , we don't need to consider this absence, is it right ?
3." Details of your time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies" - Should this be in any specific order e.g most recent first ?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:05 pm

joe_2010 wrote:
Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:52 pm
Hi,

Request a recent precise/essential document checklist for PBS dependent applying for ILR (based on partner/spouse with ILR).

It is confusing to see posts submitting extra documents when not required.

Any guidance would help . E.g What are necessary documents needed from a partner with ILR and their dependent.
E.g. To prove financial requirements - How many months bank statements , pay slips , p60 is required ? Is the spouse and dependent required to submit a similar set of documents ?

Also, I have a few questions while filling SET O
1. Do we need to provide National Identity card details or an internal passport ?Is it Ok to select "No" , and Is the "internal passport" same as the existing passport, the details of which are already provided as part of application?
2."Have you had any absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018"? - The 5 year period for ILR application is from 2019-2024 , do we need to include absences within this time period? e.g if applicant has travelled on 15 Dec 2017 and returned 19 Jan 2018 , we don't need to consider this absence, is it right ?
3." Details of your time spent outside the UK and Crown Dependencies" - Should this be in any specific order e.g most recent first ?
There is NO financial requirement at all for the dpenendants.

1. No
2. This is self-explanatory. It clearly says 'absences from the UK during any leave granted since 11 January 2018'. You must declare periods of absence during any visa issued after 11 Jan 2018 only
3. No
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:13 pm

Thank you, helpful indeed !

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:33 pm

Hi,

Just a quick question,

1) We have lost the home office letters( UK Border agency letter with ref number ) issued along with visa extension ( biometric issued) previously. Do we need to submit these letters during appointment?

2) Also, while filling the application form, there is a question "Your Home Office reference number". Should we answer "No" and proceed with application ( as we don't have letter or ref number) ? or is this ref number on email confirmation that we received previously when last visa was extended , it starts with UKVI_XXXXXXXXXXXXX?

3)Is there way to get this number from Biometric card issued ?

4) The Biometric expiry date is 10 May 2024. Can we apply for PBS dependant ILR anytime before this date ?

Appreciate any help.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:37 pm

1. No
2. Ignore it
3. No ignore that, you do not need such a number
4. Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Mon Apr 22, 2024 12:55 pm

Thank you for the quick response.

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:39 am

Hi,

Needed an info on visa fees and biometric appointment fees

Do we need to pay for biometric appointment along with ( visa fees + priority service etc ) or its paid separately ?

Also, since we are paying by credit card for total amount do we need to inform the bank in advance about the payment as its a huge amount ( around 3k - 4k approx including priority service) or credit card is still acceptable for such amount?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:12 pm

Online applications, UKVCAS appointments & BRP queries - Read before you post

Biometrics is a separate process. Being able to make a large payment on your card depends on your bank/card providers so you should consult them !

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:51 pm

Thanks for the reply!

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:52 am

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.
FYI
We used barclay credit card and the payment went through without requesting bank.

Also, after submitting we noticed a error in application form i.e while filling "absence from UK" section .
i.e instead of 10th Feb( stamped at Heathrow airport ) , we have entered as 9th Feb. ( as stamped on departure airport).

Is there way to correct this during biometric appointment ? or should we mention in cover letter?

How soon should we book biometric appointment after submitting application form?

Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:05 am

You do not need to correct anything. This is a minor issue and UKVI will rely on their own system for entry date anyway.
You get up to 45 working days to attend a biometrics appointment

joe_2010
Newly Registered

Post by joe_2010 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 11:11 am

Thank you ! Relief indeed..
Appreciate all the time and support with this application.