ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Skilled worker (H&C worker visa)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Iham85
Newly Registered
Iraq

Skilled worker (H&C worker visa)

Post by Iham85 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:01 pm

Dear team,

I’m asking for one of my relatives who has recently obtained an CoS to come to the UK on a skilled worker visa.

For English language proficiency, he has obtained a letter from ecctis visa and nationality service stating that the level of English meets the requirements of level B2.

However, ecctis Comparability statement of his bachelor degree stated that his degree from overseas is considered equivalent to a UK’s diploma rather than a bachelor one.

Can he still use his ecctis English proficiency certificate for visa application in such situation? Even though it is not considered equivalent?

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Skilled worker (H&C worker visa)

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:08 pm

He should do an English B1 test then. The rules are clear, to use a foreign degree, it must be assessed as meeting the equivalent of a UK Bachelor degee or PhD (not a diploma).

Failing to meet the English requirement will result in a visa refusal.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Iham85
Newly Registered
Iraq

Re: Skilled worker (H&C worker visa)

Post by Iham85 » Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:15 pm

Many thanks 🙏