ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to the UK with IRP

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

StellaMaris
Newly Registered
Ireland

Travelling to the UK with IRP

Post by StellaMaris » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:06 am

Hi All,

Due to the ETA rollout, Irish residency holders are no longer required to obtain a visa.
However, nobody seems to know if this law is already in place.The rollout of ETA has started but not all countries are completed.

Can I as a Non-EU national but Irish resident (Stamp EU4FAM) holder, travel to the UK with my IRP card without obtaining a Visa?
Would it make any difference if my Irish spouse would accompany me?

Thanks!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Travelling to the UK with IRP

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:23 am

Visa nationals for the Uk still need a visa. ETA is a travel authorisation mainly for non visa nationals. You still need a visa for the UK.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

Skybuddy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Re: Travelling to the UK with IRP

Post by Skybuddy » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:27 am

Hi,

It still very much depends on where you are from. You can check if you are eligible for an ETA from this page:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/electronic- ... %20Ireland

In summary:
“The only people who can currently apply for an ETA are nationals of Bahrain, Jordan, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia or the United Arab Emirates.”

Hope it helps.