ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Post naturalisation- mandatory update of records

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bobcat
Newly Registered
India

Post naturalisation- mandatory update of records

Post by bobcat » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:09 am

Hi all,

I have applied to naturalise in Jan 24 so still early days. I would like to know if there is any mandatory requirement or recommended list of authorities in the UK that I need to inform after naturalisation. Below is the list I could think of and appreciate it’s quite subjective but just wanted to make sure I’m not missing out on any critical update

Council, Electoral register, DVLA, HMRC, Employer, Bankers, Utility provider, insurance provider

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Post naturalisation- mandatory update of records

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:29 am

There’s noting mandatory to do, but recommend you inform your employer, bank and council electoral registry , otherwise only as/if requested. For example in a form where it ask for citizenship state British, you don’t normally have to prove that.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Post naturalisation- mandatory update of records

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:46 am

bobcat wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:09 am
Hi all,

I have applied to naturalise in Jan 24 so still early days. I would like to know if there is any mandatory requirement or recommended list of authorities in the UK that I need to inform after naturalisation. Below is the list I could think of and appreciate it’s quite subjective but just wanted to make sure I’m not missing out on any critical update

Council, Electoral register, DVLA, HMRC, Employer, Bankers, Utility provider, insurance provider

I have recently gone through this process and the entities that have expressed a need to know my new nationality were my bank, my mortgage provider, my employer, the electoral register (latter two wanted to see my passport), and I checked with my insurer. HMRC, DVLA, utilities, etc. don't need to know.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.