ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Naturalization as a British citizen: The urgent and compassionate case under medical urgency, please.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Naturalization as a British citizen: The urgent and compassionate case under medical urgency, please.

Post by blonde6x6 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:00 pm

Application for naturalization and British citizenship Timeline:

Eligibility criteria: ILR/Settlement granted in 2018
Method of application: Online
Date of receipt by UKBA: First week of October 2023
Date of debit of fees: First week of October 2023
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Fingerprints taken on 2nd week of October 2023
Date of receipt of approval: n/a
Date of Ceremony: n/a
Submission by: UK accredited law firm
Criminal records/DBS certificate: None recorded
Proof of 5-year residency: Government letters and DWP records, HMRC records, Council tax records, rental agreement and utility bills and further, please.
Occupation: Independent academic researcher and bona fide official professional journalist, please.

Dear Madam/Sir,

Kindly I have an immigration case under the urgent and compassionate case, medical urgency, please. Kindly I have a medical certificate from a clinic in Paris/France for urgent emergency medical treatment and I need my British passport to apply under the S2 healthcare agreement for treatment but the Home Office has not replied to my solicitor and the UK law firm yet, please. Based on my belief and professional opinion, research and studies the Home office will provide a reply to urgent and compassionate cases in about 5 working weeks, thus I believe my case and medical certificate were not considered properly by the Home office caseworker, senior caseworker and manager, please.

Kindly I shall state that medical treatments aren't available in the UK for me and if my severe illness remains untreated I feel that I will face serious health damage anytime this is advised to me by the clinicians and I was asked to come to Paris/France for treatment as an urgent emergency, please. Kindly and politely I shall state that I, as an individual, based on the Universal Declaration of Human Rights by the UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights(OHCHR), I believe and in my professional opinion and based on my researches and studies denial of access to medical treatments in Paris/France to me is violation of my human rights under Article-3 Right to Life, Article-5 Freedom from Torture, Article-15 Right to Nationality, Article-22 Right to Social Security, Article-25 Right to Adequate Standard of Living, please.

Kindly I believe and in my opinion, based on my research and studies considering UN OHCHR Article-15 Right to Nationality the UK nationality is my legal right, please.

Kindly I want to pressurise the Home Office by requesting an update, making a formal complaint under urgent and compassionate medical urgency, and contacting my MP to write to the Home Office about their violation of law under my human rights, please.

Kindly I asked my solicitor to request a judicial review under medical urgency but they haven't done anything for me yet, please.

Kindly I seek professional advice about how to push the Home Office to process my case faster as an urgent and compassionate case under medical urgency, please?

Kindly may help me, please.

Thank you very much

Best wishes

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Naturalization as a British citizen: The urgent and compassionate case under medical urgency, please.

Post by blonde6x6 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:11 pm

Hiya,

Kindly are these all of the official Home Office complaint emails for the naturalization as a British citizen, the urgent and compassionate case under medical urgency, please:
public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk
complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk
FurtherNationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk

Kindly is there any other relevant emails available as well please?

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Re: Naturalization as a British citizen: The urgent and compassionate case under medical urgency, please.

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:17 pm

Some thoughts:
I don't think you can apply for judicial review as the application is still being considered, judicial review is only for applications that were rejected.

I don't understand why your medical condition can only be treated in France with a British passport so maybe you could elaborate more on that. You could attempt to write to your MP and explain the urgency of your situation and see if that speeds things up, but standard processing times are of 6 months your MP may not receive an answer either. I am assuming you outlined the urgency of your situation in a cover letter to go with your application. As you entrusted a solicitor with your application I would ask them questions but ultimately follow their advice. Have they dealt with cases similar to yours before?

May I ask where did you find that for compassionate reasons the HO pledges to a 5 week timeline? I have never encountered that in the official guidance.

If you want to submit a complaint you can read this page https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:19 pm

blonde6x6 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:11 pm
Hiya,

Kindly are these all of the official Home Office complaint emails for the naturalization as a British citizen, the urgent and compassionate case under medical urgency, please:

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

I have these emails: furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Please note these sometimes change so it is best to use them all.
Other members may add more.
All advice comes from personal research and experience and should not be regarded as professional opinion.

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:21 pm

blonde6x6 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:00 pm
I need my British passport to apply under the S2 healthcare agreement for treatment
Looking at https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/health ... /#criteria , the nationality cirteria are applicable specifically if your treatment is in Switzerland; yours seem to be in France. Are you sure you cannot avail of treatment without being naturalized? Hvae you been denied S2 due to your nationality?
blonde6x6 wrote:
Kindly I believe and in my opinion, based on my research and studies considering UN OHCHR Article-15 Right to Nationality the UK nationality is my legal right, please.
HO has a different opinion, unforunately.
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/home ... itizenship
Home Secretary Suella Braverman said:

British citizenship is a privilege
There's not much we, people on the forum, can do with HO. You have a lawyer already.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:29 pm

Sorry to hear you are having health problems. I have yet to see a case where somebody enforced a legal right to naturalisation.
Naturalisation is a discretionary application, on both sides, applicant and UKVI. You should get your lawyers onto this case, they are expensive as it is.

Note that naturalisation is not an immigration application - immigration applications may have a 5 week timeframe somewhere. Please provide a link to the 5 weeks target. The Home Office is not well known for it's compassion, especially in terms of immigration.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:28 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:17 pm
Some thoughts:
I don't think you can apply for judicial review as the application is still being considered, judicial review is only for applications that were rejected.

I don't understand why your medical condition can only be treated in France with a British passport so maybe you could elaborate more on that. You could attempt to write to your MP and explain the urgency of your situation and see if that speeds things up, but standard processing times are of 6 months your MP may not receive an answer either. I am assuming you outlined the urgency of your situation in a cover letter to go with your application. As you entrusted a solicitor with your application I would ask them questions but ultimately follow their advice. Have they dealt with cases similar to yours before?

May I ask where did you find that for compassionate reasons the HO pledges to a 5 week timeline? I have never encountered that in the official guidance.

If you want to submit a complaint you can read this page https://www.gov.uk/government/organisat ... -procedure

Hiya @contorted_svy

Thanks. Kindly I believe and in my opinion, the decision based on the Human Rights Act 1998, involving an assessment of proportionality, can be subject to Judicial-Review, please.

Kindly I stated in my official statements to my solicitor about medical urgency and they, the solicitor on behalf of me representing as representative of the UK law firm, wrote this in their cover letter to the Home Office, please. Kindly my medical certificates were submitted to support the claim for medical urgency as supporting documents, please.

Kindly my solicitor reply to me as follows please:
I do not have an update on your application, it normally takes about 6 months for a decision. However, sometimes it can take significantly longer, especially if the Home Office need to make further enquires or need to do further investigations.
At your request, I have already asked them to prioritise your case and to deal with your case urgently, I also uploaded the medical certificate that you provided . As I have already explained, the fact that we made the request does not necessarily mean that they will prioritise your case.

Kindly I don't know if they have dealt with similar medical urgency cases before but they are an accredited UK law firm in London, please.

Kindly I run a press survey to collect research data about these cases from the general public, please. Kindly I haven't gotten access to the Home Office's official data to analyse it yet but if I have spare time I request an FOI request and official press inquiry about it to the Home Office Press office, please.

Thanks. Kindly the email in your link as public.enquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk it maybe about general Home Office complaints and I'm not sure if it's immigration and naturalization section specific, please?

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:57 am

meself2 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:21 pm
blonde6x6 wrote:
I need my British passport to apply under the S2 healthcare agreement for treatment
Looking at https://www.nhs.uk/using-the-nhs/health ... /#criteria , the nationality cirteria are applicable specifically if your treatment is in Switzerland; yours seem to be in France. Are you sure you cannot avail of treatment without being naturalized? Hvae you been denied S2 due to your nationality?
blonde6x6 wrote:

There's not much we, people on the forum, can do with HO. You have a lawyer already.

Hiya @meself2

Thanks. Kindly my medical treatments are in Paris/France, Switzerland and I considered one other country as well, please. Kindly the French authorities denied offering me treatment under the S2 agreement, unless I get my British naturalization, please.

Thanks. Kindly I believe and in my opinion and based on my research and studies Home Office's opinion on considering British Nationality a privilege is inconsistent with the guidelines of the UN OHCHR and the UN will declare the Human Rights and Right to Nationality and not the Home Office, please. Kindly I understand your explanation of the Home Office's opinion, but it's the solicitor's responsibility to challenge the Home Office in the UK courts, including the UK High Court, ECHR court and the ICC court according to the UN OHCHR guidelines and according to law, please.

Kindly my solicitor told me I get 100% my naturalization based on my circumstances but they can't do anything about the Home Office application processing time, please.

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:02 am

alterhase58 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:29 pm
Sorry to hear you are having health problems. I have yet to see a case where somebody enforced a legal right to naturalisation.
Naturalisation is a discretionary application, on both sides, applicant and UKVI. You should get your lawyers onto this case, they are expensive as it is.

Note that naturalisation is not an immigration application - immigration applications may have a 5 week timeframe somewhere. Please provide a link to the 5 weeks target. The Home Office is not well known for it's compassion, especially in terms of immigration.

Hiya @alterhase58

Thanks. Kindly I believe and in my opinion and based on my research and studies based on the UN OHCHR guidelines, the UK high court, ECHR court and the ICC court could exercise the taxpayer's legal rights, please.

The Home Office and the UK government receive funding from taxpayers money and they shall offer naturalization as a right to taxpayers who meet the criteria without discrimination and prejudice otherwise they are unlawful, please. The Home Office while they don't consider the urgent and compassionate cases under medical urgency in priority, violate the Human Rights of the taxpayers thus they are unlawful, unfair, unreasonable and against human rights also they act with discrimination and prejudice, please.

Kindly I have a complaint against the UK government for failure to provide standard healthcare, under the NHS, while they get funding from my tax money this is unlawful and thus the Home Office doesn't consider the medical urgency cases I submitted through the UK law firm as a priority to let me receive urgent emergency medical treatments is subsequently unlawful and breaking the law, please.

Kindly I want to submit a consistent complaint that is followed by legal action confirming the same, that the Home Office while not considering my medical urgency case as a priority under the urgent and compassionate case, they are breaking the law and they are doing crime against me by violating my human rights, please.

Kindly I expect a human rights court to issue an arrest warrant and prosecution order for the Home Office caseworker, senior caseworker, supervisor and manager who deals with my naturalization case, and I'll cover the crime in mainstream media outlets, according to law, please.

Kindly I expect the relevant court to issue an order that the UK Home Office shall consider my medical urgency case as an urgent emergency and consider it as an urgent and compassionate case, please.

Kindly I run a press survey to collect research data about these cases from the general public, please. Kindly I haven't gotten access to the Home Office's official data to analyse it yet but if I have spare time I request an FOI request and an official press inquiry about it to the Home Office Press office, please.

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 5:24 am

contorted_svy wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:19 pm
blonde6x6 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:11 pm
Hiya,

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

I have these emails: furthernationalityenquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Please note these sometimes change so it is best to use them all.
Other members may add more.

Hiya @contorted_svy

Thanks. Kindly I verify the following emails and they may not be working, please.
NationalityEnquiries@homeoffice.gov.uk citizenship.Support@homeoffice.gov.uk NationalitySupportTeamFMT@homeoffice.gov.uk

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Dec 26, 2023 1:29 pm

blonde6x6 wrote:
Tue Dec 26, 2023 12:57 am
meself2 wrote:
Mon Dec 25, 2023 10:21 pm
blonde6x6 wrote:
blonde6x6 wrote:

Hiya @meself2

Thanks. Kindly my medical treatments are in Paris/France, Switzerland and I considered one other country as well, please. Kindly the French authorities denied offering me treatment under the S2 agreement, unless I get my British naturalization, please.

Thanks. Kindly I believe and in my opinion and based on my research and studies Home Office's opinion on considering British Nationality a privilege is inconsistent with the guidelines of the UN OHCHR and the UN will declare the Human Rights and Right to Nationality and not the Home Office, please. Kindly I understand your explanation of the Home Office's opinion, but it's the solicitor's responsibility to challenge the Home Office in the UK courts, including the UK High Court, ECHR court and the ICC court according to the UN OHCHR guidelines and according to law, please.

Kindly my solicitor told me I get 100% my naturalization based on my circumstances but they can't do anything about the Home Office application processing time, please.

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

Unfortunately what is our belief or understanding matters less than how the HO chooses to operate. They set the rules. If your solicitor has set this course of action this is what you have to do - they are the experts at the end of the day. If you disagree heavily with their decision you need to find another, we won't be able to make them change their mind.

The application processing times are 6 months for naturalisation. To my knowledge there is no expedited process or shorter timelines for compassionate cases, the reply they received agrees with what I have stated - the HO won't provide updates before the 6 months have elapsed unfortunately.

Regarding judicial review, according to the government website it only applies to failed applications and challenges the decision, so pursuing one is not appropriate to applications still being assessed. If your solicitor believes it applies in your case you can pursue it, I personally am not convinced it does, therefore I would only apply for one if they suggested it. After all you are paying them, so you need to discuss with them the direction you want to take.

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Tue Jan 16, 2024 4:54 pm

Hiya,

I emailed the FNE on the 2nd week of January 2024 resubmitted the medical certificates and requested for and update and consideration of this case under urgent and compassionate case under medical facts, please. I received only an auto-reply, please.

These case studies are from this forum, please:
---
Eligibility: 5 years Tier 2 + 1 year ILR
Nationality: Indian
Date of application: 29/09/2023
Date of biometrics: 12/10/2023
Date of approval: 15/01/2024
Date of receipt of ceremony letter: 31/01/2024
---
Eligibility: 5 years Tier 2 + 1 year ILR
Nationality: Non-EU
Date of application: 26/09/2023
Date of biometrics: 02/10/2023
Date of approval: 15/01/2024
---
Eligibility criteria: EU PR then EUSS, a total of ~15 documented, active years in the UK
Language: degrees taught in English in the UK
Nationality: EU
Method of application: online
Date of application submission: 27/09/23
Date of debit of fees: 27/09/23
Date of receipt of acknowledgment (by UKVI): 27/09/23
Date of enrolling biometrics: 05/10/23 (Croydon, free, self-scanning etc)
Date of receipt of confirmation from UKVCAS: 05/10/23
Date of receipt of approval: 15/01/24 (email from Home Office Atlas around 10am)
---
Eligibility criteria: EU PR then EUSS, a total of ~15 documented, active years in the UK
Date of application submission: 27/09/23
Date of debit of fees: 27/09/23
Date of receipt of acknowledgment (by UKVI): 27/09/23
Date of enrolling biometrics: 05/10/23 (Croydon, free, self-scanning etc)
Date of receipt of confirmation from UKVCAS: 05/10/23
Date of receipt of approval: 15/01/24 (email from Home Office Atlas around 10am)
---
Eligibility criteria: ILR + 1 Year (Family of 3 - 2 Adults + 1 Child)
Language: UK Naric + Life in UK Test
Nationality: India
Date of application submission: 17/09/23
Date of debit of fees: 17/09/23
Date of receipt of acknowledgment (by UKVI): 17/09/23
Date of enrolling biometrics: 30/09/23 (Birmingham, Paid)
Date of receipt of submission confirmation from UKVCAS: 30/09/23
Date of receipt of approval: 15-Jan-24 (Email confirmation from Home Office Atlas)
---
Eligibility criteria: EUSS + 2 years
Nationality: EU / Poland
Date of application submission: 17/09/23
Date of debit of fees: 17/09/23
Date of receipt of acknowledgment (by UKVI): 17/09/23
Date of enrolling biometrics: 24/09/23 (Mark Lane, Paid)
Date of receipt of confirmation from UKVCAS: 24/09/23
Date of receipt of approval: 08/01/24
---
Eligibility criteria: ILR (Skilled worker 5 years), immediately applied after getting ILR as BC spouse
Language: UK degree
Nationality: Russian
Date of receipt of submission confirmation from UKVCAS: 30/09/23 bio-metrics?
Followed up with further nationality enquiries: 05/01 and today 15/01
Date of receipt of approval: 15/01/24 from ATLAS team.
---
Eligibility criteria: 5 Years Tier 2 + 1 Year ILR (3 applicants including a child)
Language: UK PhD Degree + Life in UK Test
Nationality: Pakistan
Date of application submission: 24/09/23
Date of debit of fees: 24/09/23
Date of receipt of acknowledgment (by UKVI): 24/09/23
Date of enrolling biometrics: 19/10/23 (Manchester, free)
Date of receipt of submission confirmation from UKVCAS: 19/10/23
Date of receipt of approval: 15/01/2023 (three separate emails, first at 0910 HRS, second at 0915 HRS and third at 1059 HRS)
---
Eligibility criteria: ILR since May 2023 (spouse of British citizen)
Language: B1 test certificate + Life in UK Test
Nationality: India
Date of application submission: 23/09/23
Date of debit of fees: 23/09/23
Date of receipt of acknowledgment (by UKVI): 26/09/23
Date of enrolling biometrics: 23/10/23 (Newcastle) Free
Date of receipt of confirmation from UKVCAS: 23/10/23
---
Eligibility criteria: 5 years + 1 year Settled Status
Nationality: Romanian (EU)
Language: Degree taught in English
Date of application: 30 September 2023
Date Biometrics enrolled: 25 October 2023 (free appointment in Manchester)
Date of receipt of approval email: 15 January 2024
---
Eligibility criteria: EUSS for more than 1 year
Language: English speaking degree (ECCTIS letter) + Life in UK Test
Date of application submission: 18/09/23
Date of debit of fees: 18/09/23
Date of receipt of acknowledgment (by UKVI): 18/09/23
Date of enrolling biometrics: 27/09/23 (Croydon)
Date of receipt of submission confirmation from UKVCAS: 27/09/23
---

While studying these data and comparing to my case, considering the facts that my bio-metrics submitted on 2nd week on Oct 2023, for my case under urgent and compassionate case I should have received a reply by now, please.
---

Urgent and compassionate case: Medical urgency - Medical certificates for treatment in Paris submitted

Eligibility criteria: ILR/Settlement granted in 2018
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: Fingerprints taken on 2nd week of October 2023
Date of receipt of approval: n/a
Date of Ceremony: n/a
Submission by: UK accredited law firm
Criminal records/DBS certificate: None recorded
Proof of 5-year residency: Government letters and DWP records, HMRC records, Council tax records, rental agreement and utility bills and further, please.
---

I emailed the FNE on the 2nd week of January 2024, please. I received only an auto-reply, please.

Image Deleted ny moderator

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Tue Jan 16, 2024 5:08 pm

There is nothing we can do to accelerate the process. Your case is being considered and the standard processing times are six months - until that expires you will keep receiving auto replies from FNE.

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Fri Jan 26, 2024 12:09 pm

Hiya,

I received this from FNE, please:

"...
This request has not been approved as your circumstances do not fall within the compelling and compassionate criteria required to justify the expedition of an application.
As soon as we decide your application, you will be notified accordingly."

I want to appeal to expedite my application under urgent and compassionate case because my medical certificates is underscored, please.

I seek to lodge a complaint through an independent body, bypassing the internal home-office complaint team, please. I propose to submit directly to the Independent Examiner of Complaints prior to any engagement with complaints@homeoffice.gov.uk please.

I expect your professional advise, please.

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Jan 26, 2024 1:25 pm

We have already suggested all possible avenues, you can attempt to proceed as you suggest. A solicitor is looking after your case as well, so I would take advice from them as they are the professionals in this situation.

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:16 pm

Dear Madam/Sir,

I received the below from the Home Office through my solicitor, please.

"
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

By way of background, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

The nature and extent of those enquiries, and the length of time taken to complete them, varies according to the particular circumstances of each application.

The progress of outstanding enquiries is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on our behalf. It is only when we have the results of the enquiries that we can reach a decision on whether citizenship should be granted. We do not, ourselves, carry out these checks and we cannot, therefore, be sure how long they will take in each case.

I appreciate that Gov.uk website gives the following information in relation to waiting times for naturalisation applications:

"All applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. Because of these enquires, we anticipate that applications may take up to six months to complete. Some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out".

As you will note, it is also made clear on the website that, in some cases, these enquiries may take longer than average to complete. You will appreciate the need to be careful and thorough in such matters.

These enquiries have taken longer than anticipated in regard to your application, and we are sorry for the delay. We aim to make a decision on your application as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Passports, Citizenship & Civil Registration

"

Kindly following a professional independent legal advice received concerning the Home Office's responses dated in January and March, it is clear that the available courses of action are to file a formal complaint, request the imposition of a deadline (preferably within 10 working days), and pursue a Judicial Review through the Upper Tribunal Immigration and Asylum Chamber (UTIAC), please.

I kindly seek your professional opinion on this case, please?

Best regards

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:34 pm

As you are receiving professional legal advice or guidance on the process, go with them.

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:36 pm

blonde6x6 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:16 pm
Dear Madam/Sir,

I received the below from the Home Office through my solicitor, please.

"
We aim to process all applications within 6 months from the date submitted. However, in certain circumstances this target is not possible. Following our assessment of your case, unfortunately it appears your application will not be processed within the 6-month target.

By way of background, naturalisation is not an automatic process, and we have to make a number of enquiries before we can reach a decision on whether to grant citizenship.

The nature and extent of those enquiries, and the length of time taken to complete them, varies according to the particular circumstances of each application.

The progress of outstanding enquiries is regularly monitored with the agencies carrying out these enquiries on our behalf. It is only when we have the results of the enquiries that we can reach a decision on whether citizenship should be granted. We do not, ourselves, carry out these checks and we cannot, therefore, be sure how long they will take in each case.

I appreciate that Gov.uk website gives the following information in relation to waiting times for naturalisation applications:

"All applications for citizenship are subject to enquiries to ensure that the statutory requirements have been satisfied. Because of these enquires, we anticipate that applications may take up to six months to complete. Some applications may be dealt with more quickly and some may take longer, depending on the nature of the enquiries to be carried out".

As you will note, it is also made clear on the website that, in some cases, these enquiries may take longer than average to complete. You will appreciate the need to be careful and thorough in such matters.

These enquiries have taken longer than anticipated in regard to your application, and we are sorry for the delay. We aim to make a decision on your application as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely

Passports, Citizenship & Civil Registration

"

Kindly following a professional independent legal advice received concerning the Home Office's responses dated in January and March, it is clear that the available courses of action are to file a formal complaint, request the imposition of a deadline (preferably within 10 working days), and pursue a Judicial Review through the Upper Tribunal Immigration and Asylum Chamber (UTIAC), please.

I kindly seek your professional opinion on this case, please?

Best regards
It is not yet appropriate to ask for a judicial review as you didn't receive an outcome to challenge. here are some actions you can pursue british-citizenship/6-months-plus-waiti ... 43483.html but I would follow advice from your solicitor. Imposing a deadline on the HO won't get you a quicker response.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:05 pm

blonde6x6 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:16 pm
I am not a lawyer and would normally suggest following your solicitor's advice. But we have known solicitors being wrong on these forums.

I am not sure that Upper Tribunal Immigration and Asylum Chamber has any jurisdiction on naturalisation applications, as it is neither an immigration application (the immigration pathway ends at ILR/Settled Status) or asylum case. Ask your solicitor if they are sure if the UTIAC has jurisdiction on naturalisation applications.

To the best of my knowledge, courts tend to defer to the Home Office on issues relating to naturalisation and citizenship.

Keep in mind that under the English legal system (not sure about the Scottish legal system), the loser of the case pays for both sets of lawyers and legal fees. So, if you were to lose, you would be paying for both your own lawyers and the Home Office lawyers.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

kievlenka
Newly Registered
Ukraine

Post by kievlenka » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:36 am

Just wondered if you received your citizenship now ?

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:45 pm

Dear All,

Thank you for your responses and valuable insights, please. Regrettably, due to illness, my reply has been delayed, please. I assure you that I am reviewing all of your contributions, please.

To date, I have not received any feedback from the Head Office, please. However, I have obtained new medical evidence from private specialists and will be resubmitting these documents alongside a cover letter to address further nationality inquiries, please.

Should the response remain unfavorable, I intend to proceed with a formal complaint, please. I look forward to your professional advice on this matter, please.

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:06 pm

Dear All,

The response from the solicitor, who is solely responsible for managing the 'Application', is as follows, please.

"it normally takes about 6 months for a decision. However, sometimes it can take significantly longer, especially if the Home Office need to make further enquires or need to do further investigations.

When applicants apply for naturalisation, the Home Office do not request that they submit their original passport, so there is nothing to stop an
applicant travelling whilst the application is still under consideration. In your case, as I have already explained I do not think that a complaint is appropriate, from their perspective they have not retained your passport so there is nothing preventing you from travelling if you choose to. I also do not take the view that an application for judicial review is appropriate, as you have not suffered a detriment. I will therefore not be advising you to pursue either.
"

Please note, there is a disagreement with the solicitor's handling of the 'Application', please. A statement is currently being prepared to address this issue, please.

I wish I had selected a solicitor who can challenge the HO who write the statement in my point of view, please.

Thank you in advance

Best wishes

contorted_svy
Respected Guru
Italy

Post by contorted_svy » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:35 pm

We have explained a number of times that there is nothing you can do to expedite the application. You applied less than 6 months ago and the Home Office has a standard processing time of 6 months. Even if you change solicitor they won't be able to speed it up for you.

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:12 am

blonde6x6 wrote:
<...>
<...>
Hiya @contorted_svy

Thank you for your contributions and guidance, please. I would like to inform you that my application has now surpassed the six-month mark, as it is currently in its seventh month, please.

I appreciate your support in advance, please.

Best wishes

blonde6x6
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by blonde6x6 » Sun Apr 14, 2024 1:27 pm

Subject: Request for Comprehensive Data Access under the Data Protection Act 2018

Dear All,

I hereby want to send the requests for full access to all data held by the Home Office pertaining to all of my operations, including everything, please. This includes, but is not limited to, both internal and external inquiries, communications, Subject Access Requests (SAR), and Right of Access Requests made under the Data Protection Act 2018, please. I seek disclosure of all information encompassing any aliases if it may used by the Home Office if they send any inquiries in invalid names that delayed this application processing, as well as details of national and international inquiries that have been sent, received, replied to, or archived, please. The preferred format for this data is digital, please.

Furthermore, I intend to instruct my legal representative to prepare and submit a Subject Access Request (SAR) and Right of Access Request on my behalf, please. It should be noted that my solicitor requires specific instructions from me before proceeding with any actions related to these requests, thus I need your aid to help me on what shall I write to my solicitor to instruct them, please. In case my solicitor refuses to address this request, I need your instruction on what shall I write to the Home Offce myself, thus I seek any SAR templates if you have prepared and get desirable responses from the Home Office, please.

I kindly appreciate your prompt attention to this matter and look forward to your cooperation, please.

Best wishes