ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Pegnant non EU resident, need advice

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stssy12
Newly Registered
Mexico

Pegnant non EU resident, need advice

Post by stssy12 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 6:02 am

hello!, I recently found out I am pregnant to my Irish boyfriend and have no idea what to do, my boyfriend and I have been recently discussing where we would want our baby to be born (Mexico or Ireland) and we’re leaning towards Ireland, we just have no idea what to do, I was planning on entering ireland on a C visa and after baby is born applying for the Parent of an Irish citizen child visa but here’s the issue; baby is due to arrive on october and I would like to travel to ireland while I am 5 weeks pregnant maximum, I only have 90 days to remain in Ireland with my C visa so there would be a remaining month ish and I don’t know how it would be possible for me to extend it for a bit longer, I don’t want to do anything illegal and I by no means don’t want to get in any sort of trouble. could anyone advise me on what could I do in a situation like this? thanks for reading x

Leo99
Ireland

Re: Pegnant non EU resident, need advice

Post by Leo99 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:25 am

The biggest question is are you married, if not child won't get the citizenship as you are trying to do.

Skybuddy
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Skybuddy » Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:00 pm

Hi, your baby will be Irish citizen automatically if the father is Irish, so no worries there. (Paternity test may be required? Not sure.) Source: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/r ... rn-abroad/

Others who have more info can advise about your residency question. But I would say if you are currently in Ireland, get in touch with the immigration and explain the situation and if possible apply for spouse/partner residency.

This page might help: https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/r ... 20national)

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:19 pm

Skybuddy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:00 pm
Hi, your baby will be Irish citizen automatically if the father is Irish, so no worries there.
Not necessarily.
From the link you posted:
If you (or the other parent of your child) are an Irish citizen who was born in Ireland, then your child is automatically an Irish citizen, no matter where they are born.
We don't know if highlighted is true - if not, OP's partner might need to do FBR for the child, which will take a year or more, during which child won't be Irish.

If you plan is to live in Ireland with your partner, why didn't you go spouse/unmarried partner visa route?
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:23 pm

meself2 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:19 pm
Skybuddy wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 12:00 pm
Hi, your baby will be Irish citizen automatically if the father is Irish, so no worries there.
Not necessarily.
From the link you posted:
If you (or the other parent of your child) are an Irish citizen who was born in Ireland, then your child is automatically an Irish citizen, no matter where they are born.
We don't know if highlighted is true - if not, OP's partner might need to do FBR for the child, which will take a year or more, during which child won't be Irish.

If you plan is to live in Ireland with your partner, why didn't you go spouse/unmarried partner visa route?
Thus if the Irish citizen was not born in Ireland. Then they need to do the foreign birth registration for the child first.

But if the Irish citizen was born in Ireland the child becomes Irish citizen automatically regardless of where the child was born.

Angel99
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Angel99 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 2:28 pm

Leo99 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 8:25 am
The biggest question is are you married, if not child won't get the citizenship as you are trying to do.
This incorrect. You only need Irish decent or ancestry.

joker
Ireland

Post by joker » Tue Mar 19, 2024 4:53 pm

[/quote]
You don't want to go illegal then this is the only way