ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Irish Citizenship by Naturalisation: Utility Bills

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gig2dub
Newly Registered
Italy

Irish Citizenship by Naturalisation: Utility Bills

Post by gig2dub » Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:51 am

Hi, guys. I have few questions regarding proof of residence documents.

For utility bills, do they have to be strictily in my name, or can I submit bills in my wife's name granted that I prove that I'm married?

If not, are they already accepting mobile or broadband bills?

I read on the Citizenship Documentation Guide that you need to submit 1 type B proof of residence per year. From your experience, is that really all or do they ask for more?

keithmcmxc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Irish Citizenship by Naturalisation: Utility Bills

Post by keithmcmxc » Sat Mar 16, 2024 10:49 am

gig2dub wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2024 11:51 am
Hi, guys. I have few questions regarding proof of residence documents.

For utility bills, do they have to be strictily in my name, or can I submit bills in my wife's name granted that I prove that I'm married?

If not, are they already accepting mobile or broadband bills?

I read on the Citizenship Documentation Guide that you need to submit 1 type B proof of residence per year. From your experience, is that really all or do they ask for more?
The purpose of this document is to provide proof that you have resided in Ireland. In my case, I live with another person whose name is in all our utility bills. What I did, in addition to the utility bill, was proof that I transferred funds to his bank account for my share of the utility bill (bank statements) and proof that we are living in the same house (i.e., both of our names are in the lease agreement). In some years I did not have a lease agreement, I just provided my credit statement. I applied in June 2023 by the way so not sure if there have been changes in the requirements since. In your case I am not totally 100% sure if marriage certificate provides proof that you live in the same household. It may not be the same as your case but some couples are married but living separately. You may provide credit card statement if you have one.

keithmcmxc
Newly Registered
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Irish Citizenship by Naturalisation: Utility Bills

Post by keithmcmxc » Sat Mar 16, 2024 11:00 am

To clarify the above, I never really provided a utility bill as proof of my residence for Type B. I only provided credit card statement for years I did not have a lease agreement. For some reason, I was asked for a recent utility bill a month after I sent my application by post and then subsequently acknowledge my application. I finished the vetting stage now but I am hoping the documents I sent them were enough.