ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK spouse visa-worried

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

UK spouse visa-worried

Post by Jasonjs22 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 9:34 pm

Dear all,
I'm a skilled worker tier 2 in the UK, i got married in the month Jan 24,I have applied a dependent for my wife last week, we have been in a relationship for just over a year now, i have submitted all the required documents readily but i have received a mail from home office asking me to provide more information regarding our genuine and subsisting relationship, i have already submitted our marriage certificate, bank transaction statements, travel bills and hotel staying bills when we met during last year, as well as I'm meeting the financially requirements also, to emphasis more after i got the mail, i have submitted our photographs, family gatherings photos, video call screenshots, wedding photos and videos, a supporting letter from my brother and a notary lawyer, so coming to the point my main worry is that relationship is not a long term one and I'm still worried whether she wont granted a entry clearance visa.
If anyone can please enlighten me about the probable outcomes and if anything else I'm lacking, hoping to get an reply.
thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: UK spouse visa-worried

Post by CR001 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:00 pm

What application have you actually completed? As a Skilled Worker visa holder, you apply for a Skilled Worker Dependent visa, NOT a 'spouse visa' which is a completely different visa category. So be clear on what exactly you have applied, supply the link where you started the application.

i have submitted all the required documents readily
but i have received a mail from home office asking me to provide more information regarding our genuine and subsisting relationship, i have already submitted our marriage certificate, bank transaction statements, travel bills and hotel staying bills when we met during last year,

What UKVI expect to see is evidence of communication, such as whatsapp chats, video calling and evidence of visiting each other or living together sharing financial responsibilies.
as well as I'm meeting the financially requirements also,

What financial requirements exactly are you referring to?
to emphasis more after i got the mail, i have submitted our photographs, family gatherings photos, video call screenshots, wedding photos and videos,

Videos generally are not accepted. I also hope that none of the photos you submitted have been edited.
a supporting letter from my brother and a notary lawyer,
These are irrelevant. Anyone can write a letter and such letters add nothing to an application.
so coming to the point my main worry is that relationship is not a long term one and I'm still worried whether she wont granted a entry clearance visa.
There is NO rule that only a 'long term relationship' partner can get a visa. You have been asked for more evidence, you submitted it, just wait to hear back. You only applied last week.

Assuming of course you applied on the correct form.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jasonjs22 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:29 pm

PBS, Start-up, Innovator or
Global Talent – Partner visa
This is the visa i have applied for!
I didn't submit any our chats but instead i have took screenshots of all video call together and i have labelled all of our photos with date and location on it so that they will get an idea of it but none of photos and wedding pics have been edited.

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jasonjs22 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:34 pm

We havent lived together since im here in the uk and she is back in india but i used to visit her during vacation hence provided travel and hotel staying bills and money transactions to her account by mine.
The only minus is i havent submitted any of our whatsapp chats , will that be a probelm? since we are in long distant relationship

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jasonjs22 » Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:39 pm

RWP 6.1. The applicant and their partner must have met in person.
RWP 6.2. The relationship between the applicant and their partner must be genuine and subsisting.
These were the 2 appendix they were referring to.
Should i need to submit whatsapp chats if required ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:01 am

Jasonjs22 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:39 pm
RWP 6.2. The relationship between the applicant and their partner must be genuine and subsisting.
If you still can, send a representative sample screenshot of your WhatsApp conversations since the relationship commenced till now.

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jasonjs22 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:46 pm

Yes! i will be sending them, just a question does all the chats screenshots needs to be attested by some authority or not ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:48 pm

Jasonjs22 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:46 pm
Yes! i will be sending them, just a question does all the chats screenshots needs to be attested by some authority or not ?
No.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jasonjs22 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:00 pm

Got it, i have sent them our chats, call logs, social media posts.
hopefully i will get an answer from them,
is it going to take a month for the decision ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:05 pm

Jasonjs22 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 1:00 pm
Got it, i have sent them our chats, call logs, social media posts.
hopefully i will get an answer from them,
is it going to take a month for the decision ?
No one can guarantee how long it will take.
Hopefully shorter than time already past.
Keep this thread updated of developments.

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jasonjs22 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:51 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 3:01 am
Jasonjs22 wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2024 10:39 pm
If you still can, send a representative sample screenshot of your WhatsApp conversations since the relationship commenced till now.
I didn't send screenshot from our initial stages of relationship because of some technical issues in our phones but i have sent some recent ones and 6 months back, will that be a hinderance ?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Sun Mar 17, 2024 2:49 am

Let's hope not

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:11 am

I don't know how the Home Office treats arranged marriages in such cases? My brother is providing all the documents for his wife's dependent visa similar to the OP but how can one show evidence of intimacy in case of arranged marriage?

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jasonjs22 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:55 am

i can relate, can you tell me the outcome of your application, I'm really worried about mine, thanks

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm

fatguyslim wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:11 am
I don't know how the Home Office treats arranged marriages in such cases? My brother is providing all the documents for his wife's dependent visa similar to the OP but how can one show evidence of intimacy in case of arranged marriage?
HO wouldn't ask for evidence of marital intimacy!

fatguyslim

Post by fatguyslim » Fri Mar 22, 2024 11:02 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:43 pm
fatguyslim wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:11 am
HO wouldn't ask for evidence of marital intimacy!
Well in that case I do not understand why the Home Office asks for "Evidence of why you and your partner lived apart during last two years" given when in the form my sister-in-law mentioned that she is providing a marriage certificate and also the fact that it is an arranged marriage.

Jasonjs22
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Jasonjs22 » Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:55 pm

Thanks everyone, we got our decision mail today and it was successful.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 27, 2024 2:08 am

Jasonjs22 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:55 pm
Thanks everyone, we got our decision mail today and it was successful.
Congratulations