ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cert of Entitlement - applying after passport/RoE expiry

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

xarth
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Cert of Entitlement - applying after passport/RoE expiry

Post by xarth » Sun Mar 17, 2024 3:42 am

Hello,

I'm going through the online application for my son's Certificate of Entitlement from China. He had one in his now expired passport.

I am submitting scans of (as required):
* his current passport
* letter of consent from me and my wife for him to travel, and his grandmother in England as proof of address during the stay.

I also have uploaded copies of:
* his (+ translated) and my (British father) birth certificates,
* his expired passport (RoE vignette page),
even though they are not shown in the documents checklist but do provide evidence of previous successful application and relationships.

The stay will be about a month so no TB test required according to what I understand of the TB requirements.

I think that last time we sent lots of other documents: bank statements, my degree, and other things, but they are not being showed as required in this application form nor the documents checklist, and the guidance link from the application form links to UK-based applicants information. The application five years ago also had entries for relatives addresses, but that has gone.

Are those other documents about finance and my education necessary since it is my son's application as his birthright?

My wife has ILR, but I think that submitting her ILR would not have any influence on a decision. Is that right?

Thank you.

SupperDog
United Kingdom

Re: Cert of Entitlement - applying after passport/RoE expiry

Post by SupperDog » Sun Mar 17, 2024 4:55 pm

You do not need any documents about finance and education.

TB test is required or not does not depend on how long you plan to stay. It depends on the type and length of the visa you are applying for. CoE-RoA is not a visa. Therefore, TB test is not required.

The documents required for application within the UK and outside of the UK are the same. The documents that you have listed are sufficient.

xarth
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Cert of Entitlement - applying after passport/RoE expiry

Post by xarth » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:26 am

Thank you very much.

All the best.