ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question regarding end of skilled worker visa and tenancy agreement

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kebabi
Newly Registered
Denmark

Question regarding end of skilled worker visa and tenancy agreement

Post by kebabi » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:04 pm

I have a skilled worker visa that expires mid June. However my tenancy agreement expires mid July. I have been told that I do not need to terminate my tenancy agreement, before my visa ends, and that I can legally let my tenancy agreement run its course (expire in mid July). So is that true?

Additionally, would it be possible for me to go back to my home country (EU country) for a few days before my visa expires (mid June). And then come back to the UK, as a tourist using my EU passport, and stay in my rented home until the tenancy agreement expires. Would this be legal?

razergd1
Israel

Re: Question regarding end of skilled worker visa and tenancy agreement

Post by razergd1 » Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:22 pm

Your landlord statutory excuse may run out. So better to double check with the landlord or agent. You may need to show your entry boarding pass to the landlord once you arrive.

The only thing you have to do before your visa expires is either to apply for a further LTR or to leave.

You can leave and try to come back immediately as a non visa national. You may be scrutinized or not this is up to the IO at the port of entry though EU national may use the e-gates to enter.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

kebabi
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by kebabi » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:26 am

razergd1 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2024 9:22 pm
Your landlord statutory excuse may run out. So better to double check with the landlord or agent. You may need to show your entry boarding pass to the landlord once you arrive.
What is a statutory excuse? I have contacted the agency, and they say it is fine for me to stay there until the end of the tenancy. Since my visa was valid when I entered into the tenancy agreement.
The only thing you have to do before your visa expires is either to apply for a further LTR or to leave.
I do not want an LTR. As far as I can tell, I just have to leave before the visa ends.
You can leave and try to come back immediately as a non visa national. You may be scrutinized or not this is up to the IO at the port of entry though EU national may use the e-gates to enter.
Does anyone know this?

razergd1
Israel

Post by razergd1 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:08 pm

1.Sorry about the jargon... Statuary excuse is the way a landlord established your right to rent. When using your BRP you landlord statutory excuse against prosecution will end when your visa expires. After that he technically must establish new excuse by conducting new right to rent check.
If you leave and enter he can use your EU passport combined with your boarding pass to establish new excuse for 6 months from your entry date. It's your landlord responsibility not yours! So if they said you can stay then don't bother about it.

When you leave and get a fresh leave to enter at the border it's good for further 6 months but you might be scrutinized to ensure you return as a visitor for a short time. So just prepare documents the demonstrates you will leave at the end of your visit.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.
I take no responsibility for following them.

kebabi
Newly Registered
Denmark

Post by kebabi » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:25 pm

Thank you for your advice!

Could you point me to someone I could contact to legal advice on this?
I mean it says in your posts, that your advice does not constitute legal advice.

So I would like to make sure.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:37 pm

kebabi wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:25 pm
Thank you for your advice!

Could you point me to someone I could contact to legal advice on this? Not done on the forum I.e. referral for legal advice, you will have to do this yourself if you deemed it necessary.
I mean it says in your posts, that your advice does not constitute legal advice.

So I would like to make sure.