ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indian Passport Renewal - Indian address proof

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Vishal19842019
Newly Registered
India

Indian Passport Renewal - Indian address proof

Post by Vishal19842019 » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:01 pm

Hi

I am working in UK(on Tier 2 General visa) since 2019. I need to renew my Indian passport but I don't have any Indian address on my name. Can someone suggest what can I do for my Indian address proof ?

Here are some details:
  • My current passport has an old address which I was renting back in India,
  • My permanent address was my house in my home town which we sold, my Mother currently lives with my sister in my sister's house,
  • As per rules, if I renew my passport on the same address which is currently present in my passport, I do not need to provide any address proof but a police verification will be done on that address which will fail because that is not my permanent address, I was just renting it.
  • And if I provide a new address for the passport like my sister's address, then I need to provide some address proof like Aadhar card, voter ID etc but they all contain my old addresses where I was renting or of my house(permanent address) which we sold.
  • As per rules, I cannot give my UK address for my passport because I don't have ILR yet.
Can someone please advice on this situation ?

Thanks
Vishal

Dwingrider
Newly Registered
India

Re: Indian Passport Renewal - Indian address proof

Post by Dwingrider » Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:16 am

@Vishal-
We're you able to find a resolution to your query? I'm in the same boat myself and want to understand how to renew my passport.

Thanks

valsad
India

Post by valsad » Sun Mar 17, 2024 10:33 pm

Hi Vishal,

Did you had any resolution for your situation.

Do you still hold any bank account in India, if so what is the address on it and on which address do you get your statements, chequebook, debit cards etc delivered in India, you may be able to use that as proof of address and give your sister's address for police verification.

ulondon
Newly Registered
India

Post by ulondon » Wed Apr 17, 2024 11:39 pm

Hi - I am in the same situation and I wanted to check how you managed to resolve this

SWVinUK2022
Newly Registered
India

Post by SWVinUK2022 » Thu May 09, 2024 4:39 pm

How did you resolve this?