ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travel outside UK during gardening leave

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kundankanan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Travel outside UK during gardening leave

Post by kundankanan » Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:30 am

Hi fellow members,

I need to travel outside UK during my gardening leave, valid till 31st May 2024 (my last date as discussed with employer)

Will this cause any issues with my Tier-2 skilled visa upon returning. I haven't got any curtail email till now which I assume that employer hasn't submitted it yet to Home Office/UKVI.
I also checked online on right to work by my BRP and it still show validity till original end date.

1) should I travel, as I booked tickets months in advance (20- 25th March), well ahead of my last date as discussed with company
2)If change of circumstances are reported to UKVI with last date earlier (before 31st May), will it have any impact. Will in this case, the right to work shows a curtailed final date?
I have checked the possibility of leave earlier with my employer, and apparently they didn't have issues except that I need to intimate them in advance and I have done that.

Kundan

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Travel outside UK during gardening leave

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 18, 2024 4:48 am

My opinion If the purpose of being in UK is for work and you are already on gardening leave with expiration of visa coming up shortly, you may encounter difficulties at point of entry should you travel out of the UK. I may also trigger the curtailment letter.
What plans do you have for when visa expires in May or curtailment letter is received?

lolo2
Venezuela

Post by lolo2 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 1:06 pm

kundankanan wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 3:30 am
I also checked online on right to work by my BRP and it still show validity till original end date.
This status online is not always updated immediately once the visa holder leaves their job or the employer reports termination to UKVI, it can remain without changes for weeks or even months.

kundankanan
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by kundankanan » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 am

I have the accepted a job offer from another company and was thinking of processing with BRP process after coming back. I have 2 more months to go and it should be good in that time.