ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Acknowledgement of Naturalisation Application in 2024

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

_NikMis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Acknowledgement of Naturalisation Application in 2024

Post by _NikMis » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:19 pm

Hello guys

Hope everyone is doing well. I have found this brilliant group - talking and sharing knowledge and information about the naturalisation in Ireland.

I applied for a naturalisation certificate on March 3, 2024. The process was quite straightforward—documents were uploaded, and everything was streamlined. I wanted to ask that I receive an email almost five minutes later from INIS stating that my application has been received and an acknowledgement ID has been issued.

Is the acknowledgement/citizenship reference number something that you need? What does this email mean? I have seen people wait for this number/acknowledgement for months—is this a good sign to start with?

Any reply to this thread will be appreciated! :D

Nik

meself2
Ireland

Re: Acknowledgement of Naturalisation Application in 2024

Post by meself2 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:24 pm

_NikMis wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 7:19 pm
Is the acknowledgement/citizenship reference number something that you need? What does this email mean?
Nope, not yet. That's just an online autoresponse.

The real acknowledgement will arrive in about 2 months.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

_NikMis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by _NikMis » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:35 pm

Ah, I see! Thank you very much for this info.

I also need to update the address, so I used the acknowledgement ID that was issued to me (right after the submission) to send them with the address update form along with proof. It's bizarre that I filed my case on March 6, 2024, and I will have to change my address by March 30, 2024 (unforeseen event!).

I hope the acknowledgement ID issued immediately after submission can be used as a reference. It also asked for "Person ID," and this has not been yet issued to me - so I left the attribute blank

Hope that is ok?

Cheers

Nik

meself2
Ireland

Post by meself2 » Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:41 pm

_NikMis wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2024 10:35 pm
Ah, I see! Thank you very much for this info.

I also need to update the address, so I used the acknowledgement ID that was issued to me (right after the submission) to send them with the address update form along with proof. It's bizarre that I filed my case on March 6, 2024, and I will have to change my address by March 30, 2024 (unforeseen event!).

I hope the acknowledgement ID issued immediately after submission can be used as a reference. It also asked for "Person ID," and this has not been yet issued to me - so I left the attribute blank

Hope that is ok?

Cheers

Nik
This acknowledgement ID is different from your application ID (I think). Also re person ID, people reported it to be a problem later - form for eVetting requires a person ID.

I would send ISD an email to ask for those two details (explaining your situation) and see what they say; if it's too long of a silence, send it off with acknowledgement ID, as something is better than nothing.
Not a qualified immigration adviser. Use links and references given to gain confirmation and/or extra information.

_NikMis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by _NikMis » Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:53 pm

Thanks again for your prompt response!

I have sent an email explaining my situation and letting them know that I am missing the Person's ID. I hope when they send the "real" letter, the person's ID might get enclosed (who knows?! :D)

If I don't receive a reply in due course, I might send in the address update form with the reference/acknowledgement that I have—as you said, "Something is better than nothing."

I will keep updating my progress on this thread, as this might be helpful for others to follow up.

Amazing help there, really! Thanks a million!

Cheers

Nik

shpirtshqipe
Member of Standing

Post by shpirtshqipe » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:13 am

Apologies for hijacking this discussion

I’ve submitted my application end of Feb but never received an email notification from INIS. I went past the submit stage, paid the €175 fee and never thought anything afterwards.

I’ve checked this morning the online account and it is only showing “Submitted (1)”. Should I be contacting them via email or has this been an experience from anyone else?

Nothing in my JUNK folder either

I’m not expecting a quick postal correspondence from them but the email acknowledgement hasn’t been received.

Thanks

_NikMis
Newly Registered
Mood:
Ireland

Post by _NikMis » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:47 pm

shpirtshqipe wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:13 am
Apologies for hijacking this discussion

I’ve submitted my application end of Feb but never received an email notification from INIS. I went past the submit stage, paid the €175 fee and never thought anything afterwards.

I’ve checked this morning the online account and it is only showing “Submitted (1)”. Should I be contacting them via email or has this been an experience from anyone else?

Nothing in my JUNK folder either

I’m not expecting a quick postal correspondence from them but the email acknowledgement hasn’t been received.

Thanks
I believe you should have gotten an acknowledgement email. Although the number (e.g., CITZ-123456789) they give you as a reference number (only to use in a situation where you have issues with the online form right after submission) can also be found on top of your application form, which has been submitted. This number is highlighted with white on a green stripe. As per my previous conversations, I have learned that this automated email is not even a real acknowledgement. The acknowledgement letter that a human supposedly sends will arrive online either on the portal or in an email and will contain your application number and the person's ID. However, having said that you should still contact the ISD on their email, stating your situation - and this should be dealt with - good luck!