ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Eligible to apply under MN1 for my child.

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Amala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Eligible to apply under MN1 for my child.

Post by Amala » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:01 am

My child was born abroad and is living in the UK under Indefinite Leave to remain settlement visa. He is 22 month old now. The father got British citizenship through naturalization last month and mother have ILR. Can the child apply for British citizenship under MN1 form. When I read the guidance it states that I can apply under Home Secretary's discretion. The eligibility is one parent is British citizen and other parent have ILR. If child is below 2 year old does not have to meet the 3 or 5 year residence criteria.
Any advice will be appreciated.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Eligible to apply under MN1 for my child.

Post by CR001 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:02 am

Yes, you can apply for the child.

Rhere is no minimum residence period for children under 13.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Amala
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Amala » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:18 am

I have one more doubt. Im the form there was a section asking about grandparents details who were British citizens but that is not applicable in our case...so I gave answer as I don't know. Why is grandparents details asked...is it a general question in all application forms or did I fill in the wrong form. That was the only confusion I had while making the application.

alterhase58
Germany

Post by alterhase58 » Tue Mar 19, 2024 9:27 am

There may be cases where grandparents were British and applicant therefore might be British already, without knowing it. Nothing to worry about.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.