ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Switch from tier 1 ent to skilled worker

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

divchopra
United Kingdom

Switch from tier 1 ent to skilled worker

Post by divchopra » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:00 pm

Hi everyone.

I am on my tier 1 extension. And technically i would be able to apply for ilr next February (2025). But I had more than 180 days of absence during COVID. I couldn't come here as I had covid and then was not certified fit to travel by my doctor. I had about 4 months of absence on top of 180 days. Didn't get COVID until the very end and had to stay back in India even if it meant crossing the 180 days limit. Anyway Im not sure if I'd get my ilr. I can always apply and see but I don't want to be an overstayer if my application is rejected. So I was looking into ways of doing it. Now my question is can I switch to skilled worker visa? Can i sponsor myself in my own company. The company is of course pvt limited but I own 100% shares. Is this a logical and egit way? And what are the chances of me getting it. PS: the company is doing average. There were losses too. But it can always pick up. Currently have two employees (but truth be told they are only to complete formalities of ilr for tier 1) or else I'd rather pay that money to an agency for my fashion business. Anyway what are your thoughts?

divchopra
United Kingdom

Re: Switch from tier 1 ent to skilled worker

Post by divchopra » Sun Mar 24, 2024 2:24 am

Hey admins. If anyone could please help me with this.