ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Bank statements question

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

theeggtree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Spouse Visa Bank statements question

Post by theeggtree » Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:13 pm

Hi,

i am a UK citizen and have applied for a spouse visa on behalf of my pakistani wife. Form is submitted, documents are uploaded and her bio appointment is scheduled for 13th March.

i have an embarrassing (but in my mind necessary) question to ask for those in the know: not long ago i have overcome an addiction of buying and watching onlyfans content and these transactions i used to pay show on my bank statements for the last 6 months except the latest month where i finally managed to get over my addiction and close my account. my income comes into the same account i used for OF so i had to use this bank account. but everything income wise and payslips wise matches up.

will this impact my wife's visa process and the decision? i've paid for priority service so i'm expecting a verdict within 4 weeks max. i'm just so worried about it tbh.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Re: Spouse Visa Bank statements question

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Mar 12, 2024 3:55 am

theeggtree wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2024 10:13 pm
Hi,

i am a UK citizen and have applied for a spouse visa on behalf of my pakistani wife. Form is submitted, documents are uploaded and her bio appointment is scheduled for 13th March.

i have an embarrassing (but in my mind necessary) question to ask for those in the know: not long ago i have overcome an addiction of buying and watching onlyfans content and these transactions i used to pay show on my bank statements for the last 6 months except the latest month where i finally managed to get over my addiction and close my account. my income comes into the same account i used for OF so i had to use this bank account. but everything income wise and payslips wise matches up.

will this impact my wife's visa process and the decision? i've paid for priority service so i'm expecting a verdict within 4 weeks max. i'm just so worried about it tbh.
It will not impact her application negatively.
The CW will not be going over your bank statements with a fine tooth comb to search out your expenses or make decision on your applications based on this.
Meeting the financial requirements which is your salary inflow corroborating what is on employer letter and or pay slips is what's of relevance.

theeggtree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theeggtree » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:16 pm

Thanks for your reply, you've eased my nerves.
Wife had her bio appointment so now it's just a waiting game.

One more question I have: when a decision is made and she is asked to go collect her passport, will they give her anything else she should expect? The wording in the email from vfs says something like 'you will be notified when you can collect your application'. What is this application that needs to be collected?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 14, 2024 10:31 pm

Probably wrongly worded, more like collect documents when decision is made.

theeggtree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theeggtree » Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:31 pm

She only handed her passport in over there. Will there be any more documents to collect?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:24 pm

theeggtree wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 12:31 pm
She only handed her passport in over there. Will there be any more documents to collect?
No
All other supporting documents already uploaded.

theeggtree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theeggtree » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm

awesome

when she comes to the uk hopefully i'll need to put her name on my bills right? at the moment all my house bills are on my mums name. what documents do i need to do that?

also i'm told she'll need a bank account. how does she open one when she has no proof of address and she doesn't and won't be working?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:41 am

theeggtree wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm
awesome

when she comes to the uk hopefully i'll need to put her name on my bills right? at the moment all my house bills are on my mums name. what documents do i need to do that? It's to call the provider and change the name on bill. Note that any item of correspondence can be used

also i'm told she'll need a bank account. how does she open one when she has no proof of address and she doesn't and won't be working?
Getting or opening a bank account is easier these day and some won't require showing proof of address.

theeggtree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theeggtree » Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:36 pm

Thanks

What other items of correspondence can be used?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:03 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:41 am
theeggtree wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:27 pm
awesome

when she comes to the uk hopefully i'll need to put her name on my bills right? at the moment all my house bills are on my mums name. what documents do i need to do that? It's to call the provider and change the name on bill. [
Note that any item of correspondence can be used

Getting or opening a bank account is easier these day and some won't require showing proof of address.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:06 pm

theeggtree wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 1:36 pm
Thanks

Note that ANY item of correspondence dhowing name(s) snd address can be used

Anzal
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Anzal » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 pm

She can open bank account online. If have no address proof, bank will post a code on your address or whatever address she mention and she can use that code as a proof of address. Hope this helps as I have opened my account doing this.

theeggtree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theeggtree » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:14 am

AmazonianX wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2024 8:06 pm
theeggtree wrote:
Thanks

Thanks. Someone's been saying something about 12 points or something kie that? What's that about?

theeggtree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theeggtree » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:15 am

Anzal wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:01 pm
She can open bank account online. If have no address proof, bank will post a code on your address or whatever address she mention and she can use that code as a proof of address. Hope this helps as I have opened my account doing this.
Thanks for your help. Which bank are you with if you dont mind me asking?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:16 am

theeggtree wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:14 am
AmazonianX wrote:
theeggtree wrote:
Thanks

Thanks. Someone's been saying something about 12 points or something kie that? What's that about?
6 items of correspondence if you are both named on the letters or documents or 12pcs of correspondence if individually named I.e. 6pcs from you, 6pcs from your spouse.

theeggtree
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by theeggtree » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:02 pm

AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:16 am
theeggtree wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
theeggtree wrote:
Thanks

6 items of correspondence if you are both named on the letters or documents or 12pcs of correspondence if individually named I.e. 6pcs from you, 6pcs from your spouse.
so just a single monthly utility bill for 2 years where both are named should cover it? or should the evidence be varied, eg phone contract, internet bill, her bank statements etc etc?

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:06 pm

theeggtree wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 6:02 pm
AmazonianX wrote:
Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:16 am
theeggtree wrote:
AmazonianX wrote:
theeggtree wrote:
Thanks

so just a single monthly utility bill for 2 years where both are named should cover it? or should the evidence be varied, eg phone contract, internet bill, her bank statements etc etc?
Items of correspondence should ideally be from at least 3 sources.