ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online citizenship ceremonies?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Bonnie17
Newly Registered
United States of America

Online citizenship ceremonies?

Post by Bonnie17 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:31 pm

Hello, I'm waiting to hear back about my Naturalisation application. I've seen that councils offer group ceremonies once every month or so. I've also read that some councils offer private ceremonies at a cost. But I am curious - do councils still offer online options (like they did in Covid). I ask because due to mobility issues and chronic illness it is often very difficult for me to travel and so an online ceremony would be ideal. I will of course ring my council once my application is approved to see if they have any alternatives to in person ceremonies - but I was curious if anyone has had an online ceremony post covid? Many thanks!

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Online citizenship ceremonies?

Post by CR001 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 5:44 pm

But I am curious - do councils still offer online options (like they did in Covid).
No, it was only a concession during covid.

You now need to attend in person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Thu Mar 21, 2024 6:00 pm

You should definitely check with your local council about your mobility issues and chronic illnesses.

They may be able to make appropriate adjustments, such as making sure that the venue is accessible to those with your specific mobility issue, etc.

But, to the best of my knowledge, there is currently no alternative to an in-person citizenship ceremony.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Bonnie17
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by Bonnie17 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:25 pm

Thank you both! I appreciate it.