ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Language certificate reuse - visa switch

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Entertainment_Owl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Language certificate reuse - visa switch

Post by Entertainment_Owl » Wed Mar 20, 2024 4:01 pm

Hi all,

Quick question related to proof of language.
I am in the UK as a skilled worker visa holder, and I'm applying to a spouse visa.
I have my B2 IELTS General to UKVI certificate that I used for SWV but it's already 3 years old. Can I reuse it for a spouse visa?
Is it still valid even though British Council (which iirc is part of SELT which is in a list of valid providers on gov.uk) and IELTS provider seised all business is my home country 2 years ago?

Thanks.

Entertainment_Owl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Language certificate reuse - visa switch

Post by Entertainment_Owl » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:28 pm

Hi again, sorry for bumping this thread but anyone by any chance can share some info about these questions? Super worried as I have less than a week before my biometric appointment, so have to come up with some back up plan in case my old certificate isn't valid anymore =/

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 21, 2024 7:48 pm

There were instances in the past where spouse visas got refused for using wrong English test certificate.
In the circumstances you have described it could stand you in good stead to spend about £150 for a SELT GESE at Level B1.

Entertainment_Owl
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Entertainment_Owl » Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am

Risk it for a biscuit. Small update from me :)
After checking that the test centre (there is an ID specified on the document) that issued my certificate was still on the list of approved and valid ones, I decided to use it for my application.

Got a positive outcome from it 8)
Topic can be closed I guess, thanks for assistance.

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:33 pm

Entertainment_Owl wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:12 am
Risk it for a biscuit. Small update from me :)
After checking that the test centre (there is an ID specified on the document) that issued my certificate was still on the list of approved and valid ones, I decided to use it for my application.

Got a positive outcome from it 8)
Topic can be closed I guess, thanks for assistance.
Congratulations