ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Defined CoS issued, would it be valid if visa application submitted after 4th Apr

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sarrial
Mood:
United Kingdom

Defined CoS issued, would it be valid if visa application submitted after 4th Apr

Post by sarrial » Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:39 pm

Hi

My employer has been granted defined cos issued last Friday. They said I should apply visa before 4th April 2024. I have to get medical test etc and may get delayed.

Do I have to submit my application before 4th April 2024?

Do I have to get my biometric appointment before 4th April 2024 as well?

I thought as long as DCoS is issued before 4th April, we can apply visa within validity date.

It is for graphic design role with salary of £22,000 (under current shortage list).

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Re: Defined CoS issued, would it be valid if visa application submitted after 4th Apr

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:58 pm

In the past when significant changes such as those coming into force on 4th April would have a transitional arrangement where COS was assigned before the change date would be under the previous rules.
Based on the way they have dealt with the care worker dependents where there was no such transitional period I believe it wise to apply before 4th April.

adeel123
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Defined CoS issued, would it be valid if visa application submitted after 4th Apr

Post by adeel123 » Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:48 pm

Hi,

I am on the same boat. My employer has received the approval for DCOS today.

Do I have to submit my application before 4th April. if I have to meet the old salary threshold which is 27k something or can I apply later as well with the same salary threshold?

I am applying from outside UK and so I will have to provide the English proficiency certificate. Can someone please help how much band I require ?

My overall band is 5. However I have got 3.5 in Reading and 4.5 in writing. Will it be acceptable?

Thank you very much in advance to all the moderators for your help

AmazonianX
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by AmazonianX » Mon Mar 18, 2024 2:27 am

adeel123 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 9:48 pm
Hi,

Do I have to submit my application before 4th April. if I have to meet the old salary threshold which is 27k something or can I apply later as well with the same salary threshold?

I am applying from outside UK and so I will have to provide the English proficiency certificate. Can someone please help how much band I require ?

My overall band is 5. However I have got 3.5 in Reading and 4.5 in writing. Will it be acceptable?

Ask your question in your own thread, it is considered rude to hijack another person's post.

sarrial
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by sarrial » Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:42 pm

Frontier Mole wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 6:58 pm
In the past when significant changes such as those coming into force on 4th April would have a transitional arrangement where COS was assigned before the change date would be under the previous rules.
Based on the way they have dealt with the care worker dependents where there was no such transitional period I believe it wise to apply before 4th April.
Thank you, that's the plan to at least submit visa application before 4th April. However, we may not get biometric appointment before 4th April. Hope that would not impact. or it can?

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue Mar 19, 2024 5:26 pm

Application date is the one that matters.

Jay090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jay090 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:28 am

sarrial wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2024 12:39 pm
Hi

My employer has been granted defined cos issued last Friday. They said I should apply visa before 4th April 2024. I have to get medical test etc and may get delayed.

Do I have to submit my application before 4th April 2024?

Do I have to get my biometric appointment before 4th April 2024 as well?

I thought as long as DCoS is issued before 4th April, we can apply visa within validity date.

It is for graphic design role with salary of £22,000 (under current shortage list).
Hi, If you don’t mind please share the date of DCOS applied by your employer, Actually i am waiting for my DCOS and it’s been a very long just want to have an idea. I will highly appreciate
Many Thanks

Jay090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jay090 » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:30 am

adeel123 wrote:
Hi,

Hi, If you don’t mind please share the date of DCOS applied by your employer, Actually i am waiting for my DCOS and it’s been very long and frustrating, just want to have an idea. I will highly appreciate
Many Thanks

Jay090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jay090 » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:02 pm

adeel123 wrote:
Hi,

Brother please if you can share the date when exact was your DCOS applied, it would be very helpful.
Many Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:11 pm

It is not going to be particularly helpful to attempt to compare one person’s timeline to another’s. There is no consistency and each case is dealt with on its own merits. Some cases are decided in days others take weeks.

Jay090
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Jay090 » Fri Mar 22, 2024 12:50 am

Frontier Mole wrote:
Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:11 pm
It is not going to be particularly helpful to attempt to compare one person’s timeline to another’s. There is no consistency and each case is dealt with on its own merits. Some cases are decided in days others take weeks.
Thanks for explaining it, is it have a maximum weeks timeline or it is just open ended. My case was applied on 15/01/2024 just for reference.
Thanks

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Fri Mar 22, 2024 8:54 am

Treat it as open ended.