ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Redundancy and naturalisation

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ellbriwat
Newly Registered
United States of America

Redundancy and naturalisation

Post by ellbriwat » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:31 am

Good morning,

I hope everyone is doing well. I have a hypothetical question. If you were to reach eligibility for naturalisation through the standard 5 year route, apply for citizenship, and then receive redundancy notice, what would happen? Assuming that you don't find a job in the six-month period allowed.

Thanks.

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Re: Redundancy and naturalisation

Post by Vadrar » Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:46 am

Employment status is irrelevant for citizenship as long as you can still supply adrquate Type A and B proofs. However, every applicant needs to maintain legal residency and meet all conditions of their immigration permission until the citizenship ceremony. If the applicants immigration status requires employment, and they don’t have it, their citizenship application is going to be negatively impacted.

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:25 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Tue Mar 05, 2024 11:46 am
Employment status is irrelevant for citizenship as long as you can still supply adrquate Type A and B proofs. However, every applicant needs to maintain legal residency and meet all conditions of their immigration permission until the citizenship ceremony. If the applicants immigration status requires employment, and they don’t have it, their citizenship application is going to be negatively impacted.
Hi Vadrar,

Thanks for your explanation. I also have a question, there is one condition attached to the Stamp 4 and Stamp 5, saying no access to public funds. Can i ask is there detailed description of public funds? Does it mean means tested benefit only? What about visiting public hospitals or drug payment scheme?

Thank you

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:17 am

Danini___ wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:25 pm
Vadrar wrote:
Hi Vadrar,

Thanks for your explanation. I also have a question, there is one condition attached to the Stamp 4 and Stamp 5, saying no access to public funds. Can i ask is there detailed description of public funds? Does it mean means tested benefit only? What about visiting public hospitals or drug payment scheme?

Thank you
All habitual residents (irrespective of which stamp) can access hospitals:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/h ... -services/

Same for DPS:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/h ... nt-scheme/

Danini___
Ireland

Post by Danini___ » Sat Mar 23, 2024 6:11 pm

Vadrar wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:17 am
Danini___ wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 4:25 pm
Vadrar wrote:
Hi Vadrar,

Thank you
All habitual residents (irrespective of which stamp) can access hospitals:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/h ... -services/

Same for DPS:

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/h ... nt-scheme/
Hi Vadrar,

Thanks for your reply. I do understand that as a Stamp 4 holder i am eligible to access to public hospital, and i can apply for some benefits that not means testes, like drug payment scheme, help to buy scheme, etc. However, i get confused about Stamp 4 permission: A stamp 4 permission means that you can live and work in Ireland without the need for an Employment Permit. It does not give you a right to any particular public service or funding (the relevant government department or State agency make this decision). And the definition of burden of the state when it comes to applying for a long term visa: you are in receipt of a social welfare payment which is not as a result of your Pay Related Social Insurance (PRSI) contributions. Your application will be assessed on its own merits but will take into account non-insurance social welfare payments that you have received.

May i ask: if i access non means tested benefit, like public hospital, drug payment scheme or help to buy scheme, will that negatively affect my citizenship application/long term visa application?

Thank you

Vadrar
Member of Standing
Ireland

Post by Vadrar » Sun Mar 24, 2024 11:13 pm

As long as you comply with stamp conditions there’s no impact on naturalisation or long term residency.